Dogs??? :-(

May136
Level 2
Durango, CO

Dogs??? :-(

Although our listing clearly states that we do not allow dogs, people routinely show up with dogs. Last night, our guests had two large huskies who got loose and were chasing our miniature horses. We have small grandchildren on our property. This is just not safe. How do we  handle this? 

4 Replies 4
Jeff158
Level 10
Caernarfon, United Kingdom

@May136 

You need to add no dogs allowed to your house rules in big bold letters, these are the only rules that have to be agreed to before booking.

Ian-And-Anne-Marie0
Level 10
Kendal, United Kingdom

Insist that dogs are not allowed and they need to cancel. Simple. Or they kennel their dogs elsewhere.

Linda-And-Richard0
Level 10
San Antonio, TX

@May136Yes, your listing clearly states no dogs or pets allowed.   We do not allow smoking, pets or parties at our listing.  Before I accept a reservaion, I message the guest reminding them of these restrictions.   I will accept the reservation only after they respond that they will observe the house rules.   Some people think the rules don't apply to them.  I don't need them at my listing.

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

How you handle it @May136  is when they turn up, your remind them that it clearly states on your listing that no animals including dogs are allowed. 

You offer them the opportunity to cancel or put their pets in kennels. Do not allow them to check in until they have kennelled their pets.

As this is happening a lot, when you reply when guests book, get them to confirm they have read and understood no pets are allowed.