Don't expect support from AirBnB Case Managers

Rob243
Level 3
SF, CA

Don't expect support from AirBnB Case Managers

After AirBnB "mistakenly" pulled my listing without telling me, and after over 2 months of unsuccessfully trying to get re-listed, someone from the Short Term Rental office is contacting a couple executive-level managers.  They said that basically, AirBnB support is "worthless."  I'm waiting to see how that goes. 

I've dealt with three "case managers" who all either didn't do what they said, didn't respond to requests (withing 24 hours?  never, if at all), and gave me inaccurate incormation.   AirBnB support has been less than useful, and, meanwhile, I'm down over $5000 because of their dreadful customer service agents.  This is how they treat a Superhost with a 4.9* rating.    I really wish AirBnB had viable competition.  

The three people that I dealt with are Hayden, Eunice, and Mercaydeez.  Frankly, I don't understand why they still have jobs. 

Dear AirBnB:  Why not let hosts rate customer service agents the same way guests and hosts rate eachother?  It would then become obvious who is effective and  who is a *bleep*.  So far I've had a lot of*bleep*.  Very sincere sounding *bleep*

Has anyone else had terrible customer support from airBnB?  Share the story. 

15 Replies 15
Kelly149
Level 10
Austin, TX

if I had a nickel for every time some ABB cs said that they'd get something figured out and call me right back...

Well, I think I could go live at Fred's island 🙂

But, didn't ABB cull a bunch of San Fran hosts on purpose earlier this year?

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

Almost everytime I've contacted support, sometimes a successful experience, sometimes a frustrating one, I have actually gotten an email after asking me to rate the service. 

Now, the wording of this is totally convoluted, in typical airbnb fashion. It says "Based on your customer service experience with XXX, how likely are you to recommend airbnb to a friend or family member?"  Then there are additional fields to fill out explaining why.

May not be the exact wording, but more or less. 

Well, I don't see how recommending airbnb directly correlates to the service I got from a specific support person. Some support staff is good, some are terrible. 

Why don't they just say, did you get satisfactory service from XXX?

YES! I hate the wording on that question. It is SO dumb! 

Jess78
Level 10
Eugene, OR

Me! I’ve had at least 3 CS agents out and out lie to me about various things they said would happen. I really believe they are told to placate at all costs and have absolutely no power to do much. And I’m sure they’re never allowed to escalate something to a manager. 

Randy116
Level 2
Cottondale, AL

Do you have a customer service number I cant seem to find one anywhere on this site

They don't want anyone to contact them

John1574
Level 10
Providence, RI

still can't tag.

I began a post that got buried due to a typo I made in the heading.  Lizzie fixed it.

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Hosting/How-Do-You-Rate-AirBnB-for-Customer-Service/m-p/712486#M...

I made it yesterday but it's already down on page 10 or lower.

It's about people's experience contacting AirBnB's customer service.  Perhaps they should rate their performance and let us rate them per incident also.

I'm also interested in what CS does well.  Any great stories of how they came through and recsued a host or a guest.

Here's the link: https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Hosting/How-Do-You-Rate-AirBnB-for-Customer-Service/m-p/712486#M...

I'd appreciate any help in getting it back up on the board where it can get some responses.

James261
Level 3
Melbourne, Australia

Airbnb case managers have lied to me and stopped responding. It is the WORST customer service I have ever recieved. They simply don't care, and they are not empowered to fix stuff. I'm in Australia and we are a very big important market for them, but they are trying to customer care/support on the cheap from Asia, not even in our time zones. Our Plus listing has been an on going issue from about the start of march. We have been told it could be another 12 weeks. Are you friggin kidding me. As a super host with rave reviews we used to be up the top of the listing for our suburb. On page one out of 136 listings. Now because of Plus we have been bumped to the last page, page 8 and the bottom of 136 listings, not only that if any one does a search for our suburb they see at the top section all the featured Plus homes. Then if they scroll down they see experences featured. So any one looking for homes to rent would stop scrolling at that point. BUT our house is dumped into a bottom section of 'other' homes. When I have repeatily coplained that this has seen our bookings drop off a cliff and is hurting us finacially they simply DON'T care and won't help. Two responses that I keep getting - "for Airbnb all problems big and small are treated the same way". and "I need to manage your expectations" - seriously is this the training they giving these people - how to really piss people who are already annoyed.

James,

Typical of Airbnb to call it PLUS when the truth is ..the opposite. 

Just like the Superhost Support ...wow some privelage that is (not)

James,

when I searched for your listings, I found one of them on the front page, at #9 of 300+ listings.

(The Queen's Loft).

But I also noticed your listing had an error that happened to one of my listings: It says "0 beds".

I don't know how it happened, but during the time my listing said "0 beds" my bookings dropped off dramatically. (Because who would want to stay in a place with no beds?)

You should fix this, and also check your other listings for this problem.

I was wondering where they were located. This would explain why they don't seem to understand my local issues, or English for that matter.

John1574
Level 10
Providence, RI

here are threads where we can consoidate posts about Customer Service and Policy.

The top link is one and the 2nd link has many good posts on the topic and valuable information.

Please contribute there also.

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Hosting/How-Do-You-Rate-AirBnB-for-Customer-Service/m-p/712486#M...

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Hosting/Loosing-passion-for-hosting/m-p/720797#M169745

DELETE

Harris-Robin0
Level 2
Montreal, Canada

Same here.. Airbnb customer service is terrible for hosts. It's not bad for the travelers but hosts are treated like crap. I just got off the phone with them because i never got my referral bonus even though I setup my cousin's airbnb account and referred him. The lady would barely let me speak, she kept interupting me and insisting that I didn't refer my cousin. Her attitude was terrible and she had very poor CS skills.. which makes me wonder if they ever train them because I got interupted so many times that I had to tell her that I'm trying to talk..