Double booking

Peter1390
Level 2
England, United Kingdom

Double booking

Hi, I have guests arriving today but I’ve made a mistake with the existing guests who are not leaving until tomorrow. I have booked and paid for the arriving guests into a very nice local hotel at 4 times the cost of the daily charge of my Airbnb. They will now have one night in the hotel only have one night with us instead of two, I have also offered them a fee stay in the future. Should I offer them money off as well? Thanks 

peter 

2 Replies 2
Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@Peter1390

I think you have done more than enough 🙂

Do you know what we do here in Zagreb? I exchanged phone numbers with 7-8 hosts in my street so we help each other in similar situations. Once my boiler broke and I relocated my guests in my neighbor's apartment. They were happy they don't have to search for another accommodation, the neighbor was happy she got guests and I was happy to be able to call a repairman before my next guests arrive the next day.

whatever business you run - you have to create your own network 🙂 It is much easier that way.

I agree with @Branka-and-Silvia0. You acted correctly. In addition to creating your own network, perhaps get vacation rental software that can help you to prevent double-bookings. I'm using AirGMS which overall has impressed me with its features, but I know there are many other software available.