Double or queen size bed

Double or queen size bed

Would you prefer to book a room with double bed and have more space to move around and dressing etc. or a queen size bed but tighter fit in the room?

I haven't listed my room for booking yet, eventually will also list the whole house including my current bedroom which is much bigger that very comfortably fits a king size, bedside tables and plenty of extra space, just the second bedroom is awkward proportions.

5 Replies 5
Kira32
Level 10
Canary Islands, Spain

Hi @Chloe206 

Sometimes I'm thinking if 2 separate beds are better because I have a lot of guests who are not a couples.

Im curious experiences of other hosts regarding this matter.

Keep us posted!

Kira♡

I was faced with the same dilemma when i furnished my listing a few months ago. I decided to go with the double bed (btw double means that it can fit two people), in order to facilitate walking space around the entire bed. However upon further research, it would appear that most people would rather the Queen size bed instead of the unoccupied space around the bed. I was alarmed to read that one guy said he would NOT book a listing with anything smaller than a Queen.  As a result, i am now in the process of upgrading to a Queen size bed, so as not to limit my potential. Hope this helps.

Cyrus

Kit45
Level 10
Calgary, Canada

Most of my guests would like a bigger bed space so queen size bed would be better.

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

As American Queen size beds are longer than a double, taller people may find them more comfortable and "larger" (to put it politely) people may need more space widthwise. It also depends on who you tend to get as guests. Many 2nd and 3rd worlders are totally accustomed to a double bed for a couple (here in Mexico they are called "matrimonials") and would view a King as something enormous that they could fit the whole family on, whereas I know American and Canadian couples tend to use Queens and Kings.

Chris232
Level 10
Petersfield, United Kingdom

A queen size bed for taller people would be best.

As a side note always go the next size up for the Douvet. so a double bed with King size douvet A Queen size bed with King+ douvet.

The extra size douvet gives the impression of luxury and satisfies the douvet hoggers