Download A bnb app to new samsung tab A 8 'fails' msg says not up to date.... huh?

Pam131
Level 1
Everett, WA

Download A bnb app to new samsung tab A 8 'fails' msg says not up to date.... huh?

It tells me to go to the app store to update, but app store shows up to date.  Can't log in to app. Any ideas? Anyone else?

2 Replies 2

I purchased a new Samsung Galaxy Tab A, downloaded the Airbnb App, and tried to sign in. I kept receiving an error message saying that the App needs to be updated to continue and to visit the play store.  I uninstalled then reinstalled the Airbnb app several times, confirmed I was using the most recent version from the app store, but kept getting the same error message. 

I contacted Airbnb customer support who researched and said that it was not a problem with my account and that I need to contact Samsung for a solution since the App was working on my other devices. 

I contacted Samsung Customer Support and they said that the Samsung Tab A has "hardware limitations" which are causing the Airbnb App to not be compatible with the Tablet.  They said that I would have to wait for Airbnb to fix the issue in their next App version.  Samsung would not offer any other solution to their hardware limitations and compatibility problem.  Nice job Samsung on your quality control to release a Tablet without thoroughly checking it's hardwares' compatibility with all major Apps! 

Airbnb requested that I notify them regarding Samsung's response.  When I did, they responded that they will let the proper department know of this so they can work on it. 

Thank you to Carmen at Airbnb Customer Support for her quick responses and efforts to try to determine the root of the problem. 

Hi Jeff, 

did you get any response back from airbnb? I am having  the same problem with my Samsung Galaxy and very frustrating. Thanks for the input above

Sol