EMERGENCY Too many guests!

Michael711
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

EMERGENCY Too many guests!

Four booked and five turned up. They didn't realise that this was a "room in a flat" as the ad states, thinking they would be here, alone. They are young and probably don't have readies - though their parents will. Planning on letting them stay the night and asking them to find a place. Do they get their money back?! Maybe I can give them some cash back? Is this something AirBnB w/should handle? 

Thanks so much

5 Replies 5
Cynthia-and-Chris1
Level 10
Vancouver, WA

NEVER NEVER give or receive cash outside the Airbnb system.  I would go in and change the reservation to just one night - Airbnb will refund them according to your cancellation policy (which I see is Flexible)  The guest will need to log in to their account to Accept your change.

Gerry-And-Rashid0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Michael711

Is there anyone local who can put up your 5th guest so that you don't lose out....

thanks - methinks we will come to some kind of "arrangement" nod nod wink wink. If they can't oblige they will be back to square one.

@Michael711

Let’s hope they don't trash your place or your out on a lim.

I think I understand what you by nod nod wink wink, if so you've just compromised yourself and should anything go wrong, you've no recourse to Airbnb which they will probably take full advantage of.

Regards

Cormac

The Explorer's Club Krakow.

You mean you hope they do so you are proved right and you can be smug. Unfortunately for you I'm going to be here the whole time. Meanwhile, since you don't know what my nod nod wink wink means you wouldn't know the system hadn't been compromised (we will make them pay extra) Sorry to spoil your fun