Edit post

Answered!

Edit post

Hi I wonder if you can help me please. I posted an add last night and it’s comong up as one bedroom but 0 beds how do u change this so it shows one bedroom and one bed please 

1 Best Answer
5 Replies 5
Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Adam682,

Welcome to the Community!

I was just wondering if you were able to edit your listing following Alice's helpful post? 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

Randy430
Level 2
Phoenix, AZ

If AirBnB would like to change its policy to refund funds to guests for Covid or Corona virus, they can not take the money from the hosts.  I am a host with a strict cancellation policy, and AirBnB plans to refund my guests with such short notice I will not be able to re-rent my property.  VRBO is not doing this.  I think the owners should start a class action against AirBnB for illegally taking their rental proceeds.  And owners should de-list on AirBnB and list on VRBO.

Yes, I will be opposing this decision and writing to Airbnb with: 

Decision for Airbnb to refund Travellers regarding CO VID 19 Corona Virus from hosts:

Dear Airbnb

This news is truly disappointing and very worrying. This is not the tactic or advice I feel Airbnb should be giving.

The reason Travellers take out travel insurance or holiday insurance is to protect themselves and their money in the event that they should need it.

What policies are out there for the everyday host of a small gite, B&B or holiday home, spare bedroom, hotel room!?! None.

As hosts, we have absolutely no insurance due to loss of earnings if Travellers cancel their holidays in their masses. Such a policy doesn’t exist, whereas travel insurance DOES exist. 

The loss of a holiday financially is a horrible inconvenience and that’s why Travellers insure their holiday. Yet, Airbnb makes absolutely no reference to this which is disgraceful. It’s an inconvenience, not whether or not there is a loss of income to pay a mortgage; pay bills or put food on the table and your stance is completely unfair.

I personally will be seeking legal advice on this matter and I will be encouraging others to do so. 

We use your service as an intermediary.

Travellers book through you, pay through you and that is all. We have our are own strict cancellation policies and rules and these have to be respected and upheld.  A booker knows these cancellation rules on booking, so if there is a flight cancelled, if they are ill, there is something preventing them from travelling and the holiday has to be cancelled, it is not the fault of the host.

The property is still available for rent.
The building is still accessible. 

It is the same if the booker found the property via google search. Google do not get involved and advising bookers that their holiday will be refunded should they need to cancel?

Some of my reservations are from travellers who live in the same country as the property. They can still travel to the property.

Yes, their holiday will be affected if restaurants and bars are closed as well as large events, but again, if their holiday is affected isn’t this where travel insurance comes into play?
My property is a self catering apartment, not a restaurant or hotel that provides food. If restaurants are closed, is that a basis that I should lose out financially? My apartment is my main income and like others, I can not manage financially without this money. 

I can confirm that I will be taking legal advice from the stance that Airbnb are taking and I will be advising other hosts to do so too.  

I’m in total disbelief that you have not mentioned anything about travel insurance claims in your email, which puts to question what Airbnb stand to lose if they put Travellers in the direction of insurers rather than the direction of their hosts.

Fuchsia-Lodge0
Level 3
County Kerry, IE

AirBnb cannot unilaterally change the cancellation policy and expect hosts to bear the brunt of this crisis. Travel insurance was developed to mitigate the risks for guests and this should be the policy for AirBnb..  Guests should contact their travel insurance for refunds. As hosts we can accommodate guests at a later date, if the circumstances are genuine but that should be the hosts discretion. Each AirBnb has their own cancellation policies and these should override any new policies AirBnb creates. I imagine AirBnb will be receiving a lawsuit very soon from a wide number of hosts as this is not acceptable