Error data couldn’t be read because it is missing?

Ashlee20
Level 1
Fort Wayne, IN

Error data couldn’t be read because it is missing?

Hi, I’m an Airbnb superhost and I received a request today from someone to book my place but when I got in the app to accept the request all I get is this error message that says “the data couldn’t be read because it is missing.” I can view current guests messages, past guest messages, calendar, progress, etc. it seems I only get the message from this new booking. It’s very frustrating though and I would love to fill the gap in my calendar but there is no way for me to accept them and even when I called support they were not able to manually except them. They even called the guest that was trying to book and asked them to cancel the booking and try again but it didn’t resolve the issue. They basically said, “well, I don’t know and sorry we couldn’t help you resolve this issue.” And that was that.

Has anyone else ever experienced this issue? What’s the solution because I don’t want to miss out on another booking because of this problem.

Thanks for any help you can give me. 

15 Replies 15

@Ashlee20 are you getting the same error message when you access Airbnb on a desktop/laptop computer instead of through the app?

And the only thing I can suggest from a troubleshooting perspective if it continues with other reservation requests is to clear your cookies, cache & history on your phone/iPad and delete and reinstall the App.

Yes, unfortunately it is happening on my cohosts phone which has a different service provider andisa completely different phone than mine. It is also happening on the desktop. It’s so strange. 

The people trying to book with us have successfully booked four other places on the same day ours was their last booking they were needing.

We were finally able to access messages after some time so we could communicate back and forth a little but still no access to the reservation details. 

Hi Ashlee! My name is Maggie. I am a new lister (I’ve had my listing for 3 days) and I am currently having this problem! We’re you able to resolve it? Many thanks!! 

This is happening to me also. Anyone know how how to repair it ? 

Happening on my wife’s phone as well - but not mine. Both iPhone X (and xr for wife). Mine works. Hers doesn’t.  Reinstalled app and still nothing. 

Louis---Cindy0
Level 2
Vancouver, CA

Got the same problem starting few days ago on my iPhone 7. iOS and Airbnb app are both most updated version. Try uninstalled and install again but still doesn’t work. It’s kinda annoying since I only use iPhone to operate Airbnb and now I can’t even view some important detail.

Same issue on my iphone 7. Contacted airbnb twice now and they are no help!

Me too!

Marion346
Level 2
United Kingdom

I have this now too it’s a nightmare ! Was anyone able to fix it ?? 

Are you able to fix it ?

I have this problem from yesterday I don’t know what to do and how long it’s gone be.

Maggie455
Level 2
Ohio, United States

Hello there! I’m having the same issue. I logout in, logged out, deleted and reinstalled the App, nothing! Has anyone figured this out yet? Thank you!! Xox -Maggie

Jessica2141
Level 2
Greenville, SC

Having the same problem. Airbnb doesn’t seem to have any answers, or any timeline for an answer. What I basically got was, “Sorry no one can book with you. We’ll send the issue to the engineers.” They also claimed they had never seen anything like this before, which is untrue judging by this thread. 

Mylee5
Level 1
Singapore

I am having the same error, did you receive any resolution from airbnb tech team?