Error when logging in

Error when logging in

Hi! I've been trying to login to my Airbnb app on Android but it won't let me. The "recaptcha" pops up when I press login but disappears after just a second. 

- I've reinstalled the app

- Updated the phone to the latest version

- restarted the phone

- Uninstalled the app & reinstalled

- removed all data/cache

- Tried on 3 different (Android) phones

Where the problem is the same.

Any ideas why?

20 Replies 20
Theodore43
Level 2
Whitefish, MT

I have the same issue and it's getting to be a REAL problem!!  Did you find any fix?  

I had the same. Switched off wifi on the phone, then login succeeded - I don’t know why

Rene53
Level 2
Graz, Austria

I have the same problem. I even bought a NEW Android tablet (Mediapad T3 - Model AGS-L09) after the problem happened on my smartphone (Huawei P6) but its the same:

After typing in Login (email and password) and after i type in the 4-digit secure code sent to my E-Mail the ReCaptcha pops up and it disappears before i can press the button "i am no robot"

This really needs to be fixed!! Because the web-functionallity is bad without the possibility to send pictures and checkin infos. But that's another topic 😞

I'm struggling with the same problem for the last few days! It was working perfectly for months on my Samsung S8 and one day I thought I was having problem with my WiFi so I switched it off for a moment but can't log in on the app since then. It's soooo annoying! Please let me know if you manage to find a solution!

Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

hello @Douglas232 @Rene53 @Theodore43 

It's a common complaint.

I recently hosted a Guest who said he had the same issue.

You must report it to Customer Services and through the 'feedback' option on the page it comes up through listings etc.

There's also other related IT glitches etc tucked here in CC if you use associated keywords in Search box.

All the best

I did report it to Customer Service. Tried it on another smartphone, there it shows the Recaptcha tiles of bridges i have to select - but after selection and pressing accept nothing happens and it snaps back to green login-screen of airbnb. I am really frustrated becaus i need the app functionality as i will go on vacation soon!... 

Any solution ?

Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

@Rene53 

OH NO, I had that jolly Recaptcha thing about a dozen times last week in on session, it drove me up the twist.

It sounds like it's another one of there ONGOING IT Glitches, GRRR

All the best for your holiday

Andria5
Level 2
Panama City, Panama

Is the same for me (Huawei Android) I have tried many things and nothing happens: cache elimination, reinstalling, different airbnb accounts.
Tried in the same network with an IPhone and it works perfectly but I don't want to move to iPHONE.

AIRBNB NEEDS TO SOLVE THIS ASAP. 

Yeah I have the same problem with my new android which I especially bought for bookings on the move..,..it's soooo irritating

William918
Level 2
Burlington, VT

same issue - not working on pixel 3. AirBnB tech support is awful and cannot solve problem.

clear cache and memory doesn't work, uninstall reinstall doesn't work. can finally log in on browser (had some issues when doing on mobile in chrome until I got it to work in firefox) still cannot log in in app.

I'm struggling with the same problem for the last few days! It was working perfectly for months on my Samsung S8 but a few days ago it just stopped and I can't log in the app since then. I've tried everything you guys mentioned and nothing works, every time I try and type in my email address and password it's keep taking my back to the green airbnb log in page.. It's soooo annoying!

I'm gonna report this to the Airbnb now and everyone having the same problem should too as it looks to me that there are reoccurring issues with the app in general so maybe if we all report it than maybe they will be more eager to find a lasting solution. Fingers crossed!;)

Please let me know if you manage to find a solution and I'll come back if I hear anything from the support centre.

Hey Airbnb.  I find it incredibly unacceptable from a business perspective that you all are having a MAJOR issue with your mobile apps (users unable to access information about services that they have paid hundreds/thousands of dollers for), and you guys are completely silent on the community forums.

Please step-up to the modern world and use the communication channels you have provided to, well, um... communicate!

We'd like a status update.  Are your dev teams aware of the issue?  Are they working on it?  What is the expected ETA for a fix?  Can you provide a workaround in the meantime?

Please step-up up and  behave/communicate like a mature company.

William918
Level 2
Burlington, VT

Airbnb solved the problem for me, after the first few calls *from* tech support there was still no resolution, they escalated the problem and via email they told me to wipe cache and cookies blah blah which I had already done, so I replied again telling them it was still not working in app (browser OK).

They responded:

I just tried something new, please excuse me for the inconvenience, but I need you to try and log in again.

it worked! good luck!