Extended Booking .. No Profile Pic .. should I book ?

Extended Booking .. No Profile Pic .. should I book ?

So, I had my second request to book today, and the person doesnt have a profile pic and is requesting to book for 6 months almost. She does have one review. But, she lives in the area it says. I've heard a lot about scams, and I am just not sure if it is safe to book. Could someone take a look and offer some perspective? 

3 Replies 3

@The-Den0 I wouldn't recommend accepting the request, but in general I don't think Airbnb is a good platform for long-term rentals. They only collect the first months rent upfront, they don't take any kind of deposit, no background/credit checks, nothing you'd need for a long-term tenant. I don't know whether the person is attempting a scam or is just someone recently displaced and in need of housing. But if you're not aiming to be a landlord, this is not for you.

To be fair, what's most suspicious to me about the request is that it's for a very new listing with an anonymous host and no information about who the guest will be sharing the apartment with. That's something I'd want to know even for a short stay, but 6 months? No way. If you want to attract legit guests, it should be very clear which features in the home are shared, and with whom. 

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@The-Den0  Profile photos are not visible to hosts until after a booking is confirmed, so how do you know she doesn't have one?

I would not take this booking, no way.

And as Andrew says, your listing description is incomplete. 

And you need bedside tables and reading lamps rather than, or in addition to, that floor lamp.

Hey there! Congrats on your second booking request! I understand your concerns about the guest not having a profile picture and wanting to book for a long period. It's always important to be cautious. However, the fact that she has one review and lives in the area is a good sign. I'd suggest reaching out to her directly to clarify any doubts and get a better sense of her intentions. Trust your instincts and prioritize your safety. **

**[Advertisement removed in line with the Community Center Guidelines] - Please note that it is not allowed to advertise on the Community Center.