Extra people

Answered!
Joanne343
Level 2
Wilmcote, United Kingdom

Extra people

Hi,

I currently just hava a double room and sole use of a lounge. I was thinking of putting a bed settee in the lounge to open up for 4 people or at least 2 adults and 2 kids. Do you think this would be a good idea and get me more customers?

1 Best Answer
Gerry-And-Rashid0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Joanne343

Hard to say - I would suggest looking at why people come and stay with you: for example if there is a theme park near you then it might work very well for families who are visiting. Also take into consideration the addtional wear and tear - particularly with children

Oh, just noticed you are close to Stratford - that feels more like an adult destination than a family one?

Personally I would keep the number to two and perhaps a note to say, a third adult or 2 childen can be accommodated on a sofa bed (it;s not the most comfortable option for adults)

Good luck

View Best Answer in original post

10 Replies 10
Gerry-And-Rashid0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Joanne343

Hard to say - I would suggest looking at why people come and stay with you: for example if there is a theme park near you then it might work very well for families who are visiting. Also take into consideration the addtional wear and tear - particularly with children

Oh, just noticed you are close to Stratford - that feels more like an adult destination than a family one?

Personally I would keep the number to two and perhaps a note to say, a third adult or 2 childen can be accommodated on a sofa bed (it;s not the most comfortable option for adults)

Good luck

Hi, Thank you appreciate your comments, rather than invest in a sofa bed which are quite expensive maybe I should just change back our office into another bedroom with proper beds . However, If I was to offer them as  one double and one twin/double. Would people be happy to share a bathroon, if they did not know each other? Such a dilema how to get more revenue.

Rachel0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Joanne343 What a lovely listing and great reviews you have!  I have serious reservations about sofa beds - I  have never slept comfortably on one and got rid of ours last year, although it was never used for Airbnb guests.  It depends how much you want more customers and how much inconvenience you are willing to put up with, plus of course how much you are willing to spend on a really top notch sofa bed.  I would just be a bit worried that your reviews may suffer if guests don't sleep well.

Joanne343
Level 2
Wilmcote, United Kingdom

Hi, Thank you for your reply. I would like to get more customers and I am unsure how to do it, I have now finished work and can spend more time on airbnb. Not sure with this chat do you get to see my replies to other people? 

Sandra126
Level 10
Daylesford, Australia

Sounds like you already have a great setup, perfect for two. I would stick with that. Four is much harder, more pressure on bathrooms etc as well. And they will now lose the lounge, with extra stuff and guests.

Joanne343
Level 2
Wilmcote, United Kingdom

Thank you, good point

Ria16
Level 10
Northland, New Zealand

@Joanne343 sometimes I have two people traveling together of the  same sex  who don’t want to share the same bed and so will use the sofa bed.  It’s not the comfiest of beds but I did buy a topper which makes it a little more comfortable . I am thinking of replacing it with just a sofa . There’s also the extra linen to consider . 

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

Futon couches that fold down into a bed are way more comfortable than sofa beds, in my experience.

Cathie19
Level 10
Darwin, Australia

Hi @Joanne343. I have an entire guest suite where I have two bedrooms. I also have a modular sofa in the common area that can be made into a bed, but I do not advertise this fact. Because the strain on resources, the sense of clutter from bedding and extra bags, is not how I like the space to be portrayed. 

If someone approaches me directly with regards to bunking down another child or adult.... I can deal with it case by case depending on number of days, whether all adults etc. The couch will never match a bed for comfort, so if I was you, I would be very careful whether your superhost status matters or not.

Joanne343
Level 2
Wilmcote, United Kingdom

Hi thank you for your reply. Do you always let the 2 bedrooms to the same family or are they sometimes let to different families? Superhost matters a lot to me I would just like to try and do more Airbnb.