Extremely Loud Host

Cameron123
Level 2
Ottawa, Canada

Extremely Loud Host

Hi everyone,

My girlfriend and I have stayed with many airbnbs in the past and had great experiences. However, on our current 50-day Airbnb (20 days in as of today), things are not going so well. We are doing an extended stay at an AirBNB in New York City and the host is extremely loud (TV at full volume, talking very loudly past 11, talking on speakerphone constantly) and we are having a horrible experience. We have tried to confront the host several times, but he essentially ignores us and we are concerned a stronger complaint could result in retaliation because he threatens us with fees constantly for damaging his apartment even though no damage has occured yet. My girlfriend is now at the end of her patience and so am I. We would like to end our stay, however, with the extended stay terms, we would lose our next month of payment (over $1500). Does anyone have advice for this situation? We would appreciate any support.

1 Reply 1
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Cameron123 

Contact Airbnb. Be sure threatening conversation from the host is in the Airbnb message system.

Contact Airbnb - Community Guide [Updated]