Extremely cheap stay

Rich120
Level 2
Codmore Hill, United Kingdom

Extremely cheap stay

Hello, 

This is our first time booking with Airbnb and I have found a place which tends to have prices around £130 a night mark. 

If I look at booking a date in September or October 2020 the price reduces to £1 a night. 

It allows me to book this but I wondered if there could be any catch at all? Could it be the host just wants people booked in or will it likely be declined? 

If I book and it is rejected will I incur any fees? 

Thanks for you help

Rich

5 Replies 5
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Rich120 

Airbnb has a minimum price , i remember it was 8 Euro (or 9 US dollar) per night. So most likely this is an error, or there is an extreme discount provided. If you sent booking request and if host declined, there are no costs at all, because there is no booking.

Rich120
Level 2
Codmore Hill, United Kingdom

Thanks very much, it all seems to have been accepted.

Can I ask what would happen if for example, after I book flights in October this year, the host decided she wanted to increase the price of our stay?

Would she be allowed to do that? 

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Rich120 

Yes, she can do that, but you need to accept the change before it will be effective. If you do not accept, she can involve Airbnb claiming she made a mistake. Not predictable how Airbnb will react on this...

Best regards,

Emiel

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Rich120  I would contact Airbnb about this before booking the place. This can't possibly be right and you don't want to go ahead and buy airline tickets, only to have things fall through about the booking, which I'm pretty sure they will.

Can you post a link to this listing?

Mark116
Level 10
Jersey City, NJ

Obviously, a place that rents for $130 would never be rented for $1 a night, so there is some kind of a glitch that has gone on, probably with smart pricing.  Your host is almost certainly not going to let you stay at a place for $1 a night.  I would message the host right away and confirm, if you did it through Instant Book.  It is anyone's guess if airbnb would or would not penalize a host whose place was rented at a $129 discount per night.