FEATURE REQUEST: Mark Messages as Read

FEATURE REQUEST: Mark Messages as Read

Could anyone else use a handy way to mark Inbox messages as read? I co-host with my wife (who has a separate account) and read most messages as they enter my email inbox. To clear my Airbnb inbox, currently I'm forced to open each individual message even though I've already read it and know that my wife has responded.

24 Replies 24
Katie273
Level 1
West Hobart, Australia

I agree this would be really useful! Anyone?

Yes, this would be hugely useful.  

Same here. I acknowledged each messages but I need to run again individually though 18 of them, among them some are a few months old to mark them as read.

Renata159
Level 1
León, Mexico

same here!!! I co-host with my mom and brother, imagine how many times i have to open a message to make it as read!!! =( And i hate having a full unread inbox!

David126
Level 10
Como, CO

Agree my Inbox is showing something like 70 not read, they all were.

David
Dennis17
Level 1
Seattle, WA

Agree.  The mail functionality on Airbnb is early 90s at best.  Do I really have to open each message p a i n f u l l y   s l o w l y  in order to clear?  how about a "mark all messages as read" button?  How about just using gmail?

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

I can't speak to how it works on the app, as I only use the desktop version. When you go into your list of messages, move the cursor to the far right side of each message on the list- the blank space to the right of where it has the reservation status and how much was paid out. An option to "star" or "archive" will appear there. You can archive the messages you have already read and dealt with and no longer need to see in your message list. If you want to retreive them at some point, go to the top of that area where it says " All Hosting Messages" and in the drop down box you'll find the archived messages list.

Manuel445
Level 1
Amsterdam, Netherlands

Having exactly the same situation!

Let me share what I found: In the app you can tap and hold a message, it then gets archived. To move it back to the inbox, go to the archive (top right icon) and click and hold there.

Unread  counter  and archive takes some time to update, refresh by scroll up to above the first message.

It would be nice to auto archive old messages (that are either completed or cancelled), but this also goes fairly quickly.

Dan360
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

I have also put in a request for this a couple of times.

It is a simple thing that everyone else does but not Airbnb, and it's easy to do and very useful.

Thanks

Nikki194
Level 1
Edinburgh, United Kingdom

Still no movement on this? It's sooooo frustrating. I was a cohost for a while on my husband's rooms and I have 161 unread archived messages but I still have the annoying little dot telling me I have unread messages. Just to mark them all as read would be a massive help...

Yes, please add a checkbox to messages so that you can mark them as read without having to open each one.

Mike1155
Level 1
London, Canada

Even when I open them and read them multiple times they still show as unread. Some are from two years ago. Most annoying.

Kimberly386
Level 1
New Orleans, LA

I Have had this same problem! It would be so much easier and less time consuming if I didn't have to go through and manually open up each message that my cohost has already read!! Please Airbnb folks if you're reading this, add a feature to "mark message as read"!!

Danielle728
Level 2
Charlotte, NC

I seriously do not understand why they are refusing to add this simple functionality. It makes no sense whatsoever. At this point it's gotta be a deliberate choice on their part.