Fairly new to hosting - how should I review this guest?

Marikathryn0
Level 1
Neenah, WI

Fairly new to hosting - how should I review this guest?

I am very new to hosting - just hosted my fourth group of guests.  The first three were fairly okay but the fourth was a mess.  She said the stay was for one adult however the neighbors said there were up to 14 people there (our Max number listed is 8).  There were 12 huge bags of garbage for three days, broken water balloons all over our and the neighbors’ yards, all wet towels in the bathtub, a window screen pushed out and kool aid stains on the bedspreads.  Our rules are very specific about respecting the neighbors’ property and where to hang wet towels.  I see they wrote a review which I can’t see until I write a review.  How do you write a negative review?  Should I be tactful?  Blunt?

2 Replies 2
Yadira22
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Marikathryn0 

hope you are well and please do so. 

In not doing so this person is allowed to potentially do the same to other hosts and we need fair warning. 

I would put something along the lines of 

“This booking was originally for x people but up 14 people stayed throughout it, this was communicated to me after their departure.  Given this and other aspects to their stay I would find it very hard to recommend them to any future hosts on this platform and suggest they use only commercial hotels. Thank you”

most hosts would get the gist of this- and it does not give them much room to dispute. 

I really do wish you luck and hope you have a great day! 

Yadira 🙂

That that is VERY helpful.  Thanks so much for the feedback.