Fake listing

Jorgen6
Level 2
Humlebaek, Denmark

Fake listing

Hi all,

I think I have booked a fake listing. I did a reverse image look up and the pictures shows up for an apartment in London. 

I have already been charged for half of the stay.

What do I do?

Regards,

Jorgen

8 Replies 8
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Jorgen6  If you found this place on the official Airbnb site, then contact Airbnb. If you found it through some other site, exchanged emails with the host, and wired money to some bank account, it's a scam and you won't be able to get your money back. You can post the URL to the listing here and others can tell you if it's real or not.

Jorgen6
Level 2
Humlebaek, Denmark

@Sarah977 it was this one but it won't show it anymore

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/39456133.

But I can still see it under my trips.

Jorgen

Gordon0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

If it is showing in your trips (on Airbnb) you'll be OK. Just get in touch with Airbnb. They'll fix this (they'll have the money, not the scammer). One of the benefits of sticking to the platform, @Jorgen6

Jorgen6
Level 2
Humlebaek, Denmark

Thank you @Gordon0 

Not sure what you mean by ok because it's showing in my trips. The reverse lookup shows the apartment in many different countries.

Anyway, I have called Airbnb and they are looking into it and will call me back soon.

Jorgen

Gordon0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

What I meant, @Jorgen6, is that your money is safe. If the listing is a scam, the scammers don't have your money, Airbnb has it. 

I understand Gordon.

Thank you.

ps. I guess it was too good to be true 🙂

Jorgen6
Level 2
Humlebaek, Denmark

I have received a message that the listing has been removed. Do I receive a refund automatically?

Gordon0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Yes, you should do, @Jorgen6. It may take a couple of days to hit your account tho. Airbnb may give you  sweetener to make up for the hassle.