Falling below

Answered!
Pete132
Level 2
Sheepwash, United Kingdom

Falling below

Hi all,

I have just had a guest request to reduce their stay which I have accepted even though it drops the nights booked below my minimum, my question is if I had refused as I have a flexable cancellation policy would Airbnb have insisted that the booking did not drop below my minimum? Also if I had refused is this classed as a cancellation by me?

Pete

1 Best Answer
Lawrene0
Level 10
Florence, Canada

We can refuse alteration requests with no penalty to ourselves except maybe a low star rating from a disgruntled guest, @Pete132 . 

It is not a cancellation, and it does not result in Airbnb insisting upon anything. 

The calendar does allow guests to ask for an alteration that does not fit with our minimum stays and even one that unblocks our blocked days, but we can explain about that when we say no, if we say no. 

I am like you. I usually just say yes. It all works out in the end. But don't worry about sticking to your minimums if you need to. You are well within your rights, and you will not be penalised by the system. 

View Best Answer in original post

3 Replies 3
Lawrene0
Level 10
Florence, Canada

We can refuse alteration requests with no penalty to ourselves except maybe a low star rating from a disgruntled guest, @Pete132 . 

It is not a cancellation, and it does not result in Airbnb insisting upon anything. 

The calendar does allow guests to ask for an alteration that does not fit with our minimum stays and even one that unblocks our blocked days, but we can explain about that when we say no, if we say no. 

I am like you. I usually just say yes. It all works out in the end. But don't worry about sticking to your minimums if you need to. You are well within your rights, and you will not be penalised by the system. 

Pete132
Level 2
Sheepwash, United Kingdom

Thanks for the info that explains a lot, I do have another question, does the price currency that I set get converted into the currency of the country that the viewer is in? I have my currency set as GBP at the moment.

Jeff158
Level 10
Caernarfon, United Kingdom

Yes @Pete132 everyone see's the price in there local currency