Feedback on my listing

Sharmani0
Level 2
Colombo, Sri Lanka

Feedback on my listing

Hi,  I am fairly new to Air bnb and would like to receive feedback on my listing.

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/37513099?

I've put a lot of work and hope to increase my income significantly thanks to it. There are many of you who have been in this business for sometime and are well  experienced hosts on the forum that can help me make it better.

Would like to receive your feedback on my listing  to make it even better!

Many thanks,

10 Replies 10
Ana1136
Level 10
Ohrid, Macedonia (FYROM)

@Sharmani0 Your first available dates are in September 2020, I don't know if that's on purpose but check it out. Secondly, you should work on the photos, especially the bathroom photos, make them sharper and brighter. Maybe add some decorative details to the bedrooms so that they look more inviting. I hope you have great success with hosting! 

Thanks Ana for your feedback.  I have blocked my calendar during that period, but now it is open.  Definitely will work on photos and add some decorative details to bedroom photos.  Thanks again for your valuable feedback.

Hi Anna,

Done some improvements to my listing as per your guidance.  Please have a look and let me know whether any other improvements need to be done.

Many thanks, Sharmani1

Please note-I am giving you feedback, like you asked. I consult for many Airbnb clients and help them with everything from remodeling to launching to hosting. Airbnb is a magical place where you have the opportunity to meet new people, and provide them with a great experience. 

1.look at your competition-

This is another Airbnb in your area, around the same price, for 2 people and besides the title, this will get booked before your.

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/14038835?sl_alternate_dates_exclusion=true&adults=1&children=0&infants=...

2. It's a bit gloomy-think in the eyes of a guest. The walls are bare and it has just minimal everything. That's not to say that you should run out and spend tons of money on decor. I thrift shop for most of mine. 

Make it reflect the kind of guest you want to host. Right now that says 3 single guys who just need a place to crash.

3. Turn up the brightness on your phone, take some better pics, and take more than just the minimum. The pic of the shower, I'd remove. Add pictures of some of the local area things to do. Or use an Airbnb photographer in the area to help you.

You have to think of this as a business and that you have competition all around you. What would make someone book your place over another? 

Look into getting a Superhost to co-host with you until you get things moving.

I hope this helps, and again, that is why I am giving you these tips. Please let us know your progress, I look forward to seeing you succeed.

Pearl

Hi Pearl,

Can you please have a second look and give me your feedback.

Many thanks,

Sharmani

@Sharmani0 , to get someone's attention in the forum, you have to put the @ sign in front of their name, as I have done with yours. 

@Peter-and-Pearl0 and @Ana1136 do not know you have asked them another question. They do now, because I have tagged them. 

Is it fairly gloomy, weather-wise, in Colombo? Would it be possible to take some of your outside pictures on a nice day? Otherwise, your inside pictures are pretty good now, and it is always better to undersell a little rather than having slick photos overselling the place. The balcony is nice, but is it possible to put a chair or bench out there so guests feel they could enjoy it? 

You have a lovely place, and the photos now say "clean" to me, and that's really good. 

All the best!

@Lawrene0 wrote:

@Sharmani0 , to get someone's attention in the forum, you have to put the @ sign in front of their name, as I have done with yours. 

@Peter-and-Pearl0 and @Ana1136 do not know you have asked them another question. They do now, because I have tagged them. 

Is it fairly gloomy, weather-wise, in Colombo? Would it be possible to take some of your outside pictures on a nice day? Otherwise, your inside pictures are pretty good now, and it is always better to undersell a little rather than having slick photos overselling the place. The balcony is nice, but is it possible to put a chair or bench out there so guests feel they could enjoy it? 

You have a lovely place, and the photos now say "clean" to me, and that's really good. 

All the best!

@Lawrene0 

Many thanks for your guidance.  It is raining in Colombo.  Once the rain seized, will take exterior photos and new photos of SPAR with their range of food / drinks .  Will let you know with updated photos.

Regards,

Sharmani

You know, @Sharmani0 , I wouldn't take photos of SPAR at all. Very few hosts include photos of the local restaurant or grocery store in their photos. It is not expected, and it isn't very pretty. (My local grocery store isn't pretty either.) You can just put it in your guidebook. Make your photos about your place. A nice sunny outside shot of your place and the lake/trails will be enough outside shots. Also, I didn't notice this before, but put captions on your photos. Say something about them. Each of your photos now says "Lake Paradise". For instance, the caption on the trail picture could reinforce what you have said in the description. It might be "Only 10 minutes away!" The living room and bathroom shots could say "Shared space", and the bedroom shot could say "Your private room". This reinforces exactly what the guest is getting. It really helps!

Elena87
Level 10
СПБ, Russia

@Sharmani0 

I would absolutely retake the exterior pictures when there is a sunny day with clear blue skies.

The current pictures look leaden, lugubrious, dull, dismal and dreary under an overcast sky.

Lake Paradise looks like a misnomer really in your listed pictures.

Picture of the Spar car-park - on a wet day from behind your car windscreen - if you are trying to promote breakfast deals - a rethink is required. Show what is available for guests in a creative way.

@Ele0na

Thanks for your valuable input.  Will take exterior pictures when the weather is good in Colombo.  Named it as Lake Paradise as it is 2 min walk to the Lake which is bird sanctuary.  Will rethink of a better name.