Fireplace

Fireplace

Good morning!

I was wondering what others do that have a fireplace for their guests, ours is wood burning with gas. 
we were thinking of providing fire logs or possibly buying a log set, gas however is very expensive where we live.

thank you!

2 Replies 2
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

If wood burning is allowed in your area, you could provide wood as an extra charge.  The logistics might not work for you.  If you allow gas, you would need a way to monitor the use and possibly an extra charge.  You know your market and sometimes a fire is sooooo wonderful that you might want to find a way to just include an average charge to include in your nightly rate.  Nickle and diming a guest is never a good strategy.

Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

ohh, @Kerrie53 @Linda108 I''m so jealous as I don't have a fireplace where I'm living & love them to bits.

One of my recent guests has been living at Kawau Island said he has a fire and people who come to stay couldn't believe the lack of condensation and how dry his place is.

Make sure your fireplace is cleaned each year for insurance and include cleaning of it and fire safety regulations in your listing & to be agreed to prior to booking as a safeguard.

Perhaps ensure you have a fire extinguisher in your home as not everyone may be as safety conscious (?) as oneself.

Love a nice roaring log fire and coals on it overnight to take the chll off in the morning.

Calling @Stephanie our wee project we mentioned to each other needs to fire up 😉

Al the best

Central To All Home & Location , Auckland, New Zealand on a nice sunny Summers day!!