First bad review

Rowén0
Level 2
Cape Town, South Africa

First bad review

So today I received my first bad review. We prepared ourselves for post, but once you actually read it, as a host, it annoys you. I actually went to the Airbnb support Centre to request that their rating is changed, based on my message thread with the guests, and their unwillingness to assist. The support Centre is of no use. So now, my rating has gone down, because Airbnb refuses to remove it, or even to look at the rating against my message thread.

2 Replies 2
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Rowén0  Airbnb won't "change" ratings. All you can do is ask that the review be removed if it violates review policies- look these up, so if a review does violate any of these, you can point that out to Support, quoting the exact violation. These include extortion, discrimination, mentioning an Airbnb resolution process regarding refunds or damage claims, etc.

Also, you can post a response to the review, making it clear that the review is false. Just keep the response brief, professional and factual, no emotion, and not violating any of the review policies yourself. For instance, don't say the guest is lying,  just state the facts that show them to be not honest.

Rowén0
Level 2
Cape Town, South Africa

@Sarah977 

i agree, I have decided to calm down, no emotion and then respond. It will be professional but factual.