First guest, special offer

Emily871
Level 1
Rome, IT

First guest, special offer

I made a soecial offer, but am getting confusing messages. One says that my communications are not going through, but then I am also getting messages from my guest with giving his tel number. 

I go to the Air BnB hosting message box; it did say I received one message yesterday; today I don't see it. Doesit mean that the guest is no longer considering my property?

And I am I correct in assuming that it is recommended that I get messages through AirBnB, and not directly in my e-mail account? Confusing!! Any advice?

4 Replies 4
Cheryl389
Level 7
Keyport, NJ

I think you would still be able to see the messages even if they cancelled. I get errors on the app sometimes but when I try refreshing on my laptop, I often get it. Another thing to try would be using a different browser because it might load better.

Sandra856
Level 10
Copenhagen, Denmark

Hi @Emily871 🙂

Yes, only communicate through airbnb. Tell the guest that communication should always be through airbnb message board. That way if you need help from airbnb support they can read your message history. 

It sounds strange with the missing message. Have you tried to delete the app and install it again?

Best, Sandra 

Emily871
Level 1
Rome, IT

Thanks for your suggestion. I am trying to find my way, got confused initially. it seems to be working now. 

I hope to rise to your level one day.

Sandra856
Level 10
Copenhagen, Denmark

Hi @Emily871 🙂

What a sweet comment! Thank you! 🙂 

The level thing just means that I have been very active in this forum/community. Writing comments, people liking my comments etc. It has nothing to do with me being a host. I have been a host since 2014 but I only just joined this community in the beginning of last year.

I have learned so much from other hosts, little tricks on how to handle stuff like annoying guests (haha!), how to write a less than stellar review, when to leave a review if you expect the guests might leave you a bad review and lots of other things. I really, really recommend to spend some time reading some of the threads in here as it really awarding.

I'm glad you found the missing messages 🙂 

Best, Sandra