French visa application - accommodation require

Adel7
Level 1
Saint Helier, Jersey

French visa application - accommodation require

Does anybody know if the French embassy accepts Airbnb bookings in place of hotel reservation bookings instead? We are applying for a visa for my mum and it is required to submit accomodation details. We'd like to book a home instead as we are a family of 5 travelling and thought it would be convenient and best for us to stay in a home.

For hosts in France - Has anybody come across this kind of situation? What do we need to provide? Do we just give them the Airbnb confirmation notice? Do they need a hotel operator/tourist operator number of some sort?

Thanks in advance!

Adel

4 Replies 4
Paul4
Level 10
Kiawah Island, SC

Sorry, I am not able to answer your actual question but I do have a comment. Be aware of cancellation policies of wherever you book, just in case for some reason you have to cancel. Many Airbnb's and other short term apartment rental sites have fairly strict cancellation policies compared to hotels.

Jerry363
Level 1
Floral Park, NY

Did you ever get this resolved Adel7? I’m having the same issue and I can’t seem to find a concrete answer from AirBnB 2yrs after you posted this that’s a shame....

Hi, did you get this resolved? I am having the same issue. Thanks for sharing.

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Jerry363  Why not contact the French Consulate in the US and just ask? It's more of a question for them than for Airbnb.