GROUP TRIP

Answered!

GROUP TRIP

I saw this caption attached to a guest review. Somebody knows what it is?

1 Best Answer
Wendy117
Level 10
Bexley, Australia

When i go via the search engine, I can see all of my reviews on all 3 listings have now been labelled GROUP TRIP whether 2 people or 10 people stayed. If you are saying the review would appear on all guests profiles, that makes the assumption that the person booking has also entered details of the other guests and they have airbnb profiles.  I know most of mine are families where the person booking is the only one with an Airbnb profile.  So what would be the purpose of this label? I would understand if it was for say more than 8 people so guests could see it caters for groups.

View Best Answer in original post

5 Replies 5
Letti0
Level 10
Atascosa, TX

@Stav6  If a reservation has more than one confirmed guest, the host's review will appear on all of the guests' profiles.

Thank you

Wendy117
Level 10
Bexley, Australia

When i go via the search engine, I can see all of my reviews on all 3 listings have now been labelled GROUP TRIP whether 2 people or 10 people stayed. If you are saying the review would appear on all guests profiles, that makes the assumption that the person booking has also entered details of the other guests and they have airbnb profiles.  I know most of mine are families where the person booking is the only one with an Airbnb profile.  So what would be the purpose of this label? I would understand if it was for say more than 8 people so guests could see it caters for groups.

Letti0
Level 10
Atascosa, TX

@Wendy117  If the reservation is shared with another guest before booking it is labeled a group trip. The thing with group bookings is if the booking guest shares the itinerary with other guests on the trip that have AirBnB accounts already setup and they accept the itinerary they get added to the reservation list as a guest. When a host reviews the booking guest then everyone on that reservation list with an AirBnB account gets the same review posted to their profiles. It wil say Review of XXXX (XXX was a guest of XXXX on this trip) or something like that and the same review is posted on the listed guests profile too. 

Brenda350
Level 3
Milwaukee, WI

I have mixed feelings with this practice and feel it’s not exactly host friendly. My experience: a prospective guest sends inquiry. I see recommended by other host. I read reviews  and they were very good. So I accepted.  As I delved further i found guest had no government I.d. (which I require) and had not provided information that would allow instant booking through ABB. Because I was allowing one of the rooms for her in the house where I would reside I became worried and read reviews again. It was then I noticed the prospective guest name was not mentioned but someone else’s name which was the reserving guest of that group at that time. I learned the prospective guest for my place was part of that group. There were more red flags through texting  and I cancelled the reservation for safety and security reasons. I said all that to say it would have helped me to know that the prospective guest didn’t have her own personal review but was part of a group and not that group’s reserving guest. When I review I’m mainly basing my review on the guest who booked the reservation and the group is secondary.