Getting 1 night bookings despite 2 night minimum

Emelie7
Level 1
Stockholm, Sweden

Getting 1 night bookings despite 2 night minimum

Hi,

I just booked with a host for 1 night and it was a one night minimum. I paid the deposit and now after a week they are telling me that I have to book another night because these dates they want minimum of two nights. I have a tight schedule and have booked everything around these dates and have already another accommodation for the night they are requesting me to book another night. What are my rights here? Are the hosts always allowed to cancel a booking?

2 Replies 2
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Emelie7,

It is the responsibility of the host to setup the listing properly. It is nonsense to oblige you to book another night because of the failing host . The host can cancel the booking, but will be penalized by Airbnb, so probably will no do this. You can report the host to Airnb by using the "flag" link., if you the reservation you made can not be fullfilled.

Best regards,

Emiel

Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

@Emelie7  It  sometimes happens that the host is remiss in updating the booking requirements or the system has allowed a booking in spite of specific requirements.  It is best to speak with Air BNB as to your options.  If you need only a single night, do not accept a 2 night requirement.  Here is guide for contacting Air BNB.

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Help/Contact-Airbnb-A-Community-Help-Guide/m-p/16165#M728