Getting my remittance back from a 1099-K for 2018

Sophia269
Level 1
United States

Getting my remittance back from a 1099-K for 2018

Hello, 

So it looks like I forgot to add my tax id number for the entire year of 2018 and up until now for 2019. I am planning to file this week but realized that Airbnb withholds the remittances and that in order to get that back there's a big process of going back and forth with the IRS and proving that, indeed, this money is owed back to me. I was wondering if anyone else had had this issue and how they dealt with it on their federal and state (california) tax returns for both 2018 and this year. I live in the town of Yucca Valley and town taxes (TOT) are withheld and there are some other peticularities I am not completely aware of but any help in getting this refund back would be wonderful. 

Also, I did make more than 20K, and I have just submitted my SS to airbnb for future payments, if that's a helpful piece of info. 

Thank you, 

Sophia 

2 Replies 2
Morenito0
Level 2
Winston-Salem, NC

Hi, I had the same problem for 2018, Airbnb sent me a 1099-k with incorrect information, I have been trying to get a corrected form from them, but they haven't help me.

Morenito

Jimmy342
Level 1
Denver, CO

Hey @Sophia269 , were you ever able to get this corrected? If so, can you tell me how you were able to?

Thanks!