Getting reservations

Getting reservations

Hi. I joined Airbnb in early November of this year and I’m renting a bedroom in my house. I’ve used the discounts recommended by Airbnb and have not gotten any reservations. Any suggestions?

5 Replies 5
Marzena4
Level 10
Kraków, Poland

Hello @Al51. Each location follows certain trends of popularity, high and low season etc. You need to study what's going on in the neighborhood with your competition. Sometimes, there are simply no guests. I haven't had any guests for 2 days now - it's November... Low season for me

// "The only person you can trust is yourself"

@Al51, welcome to hosting! We are sort of new ourselves, so anything I tell you is mainly wisdom I have heard from more experienced hosts.

I looked at your listing; it seems very nice! I like the pool inside the shade thingy.

Orlando seems to be filled with a lot of AirBnB listings (which makes perfect sense). I have been told that a new listing needs to beat nearby competition on price initially. It's not that your place isn't worth what your are asking. It is that:

1. A listing without any reviews is hard to get bookings for.

2. You want to get great reviews to start off, and guests who feel they got a good deal are more likely to feel satisfied with their stay.

3. You need to appear high enough in search to be found in the first place.

I am completely unfamiliar with the Orlando AirBnB marketplace, but after scrollling the map to find your listing, this is the pricing I found near you:

- An entire home with 6 beds and pool from $75 / night

- Private room with 3 beds from $33 / night

- Entire house, 4 beds with pool from $75 / night

- Private room, 1 bed from $29 / night

- Private room, 3 beds from $30 / night

So apparently your area is kind of crazy with the prices currently (probably because it is winter).

Yes, I know your place is better than the cheaper places. But no one knows that because you have no reviews yet.

You want to beat your competition right now, get some great reviews, and be top rated and ready to roll when the summer rush begins!

Then you can raise your price back where it belongs and keep rolling.

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Hello @Al51

A few ideas.

You haven't completed your profile. Fill it in as it instils trust. Tell guests about yourself, your interests and why you are hosting.

You need to get a professional photographer or friend who is a keen amateur to take some new photos and dress the rooms so you have some colour in them - cushions, ornaments, pictures etc

You haven't described your listing in any detail, describe key features and benefits.

Talk about local attractions, whether you need a car, who your property is suitable for, talk about local cafes and shops.

Jeff158
Level 10
Caernarfon, United Kingdom

Hi @Al51

I think your problem could be the calander.

I'm not sure whats going on but you have some strange restrictions, I can't book more than 6 nights and on some days I can't book at all yet the dates are open, don't most people coming to Disney stay a week or more.

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Al51,

Welcome to the Community Center!

I was wondering if you've had a chance to look at all the helpful answers that have been given here by all the hosts? 

It would be great to hear back from you. 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen