Getting set up on airbnb

Mindy31
Level 2
Walden, CO

Getting set up on airbnb

Hi there! 

I just got my account set up on airbnb and have a couple of questions... 

I also have my property on vrbo.com and there was an area where I entered the amount of taxes I need taken out. Vrbo collects that amount from the guest so I don't have to. Does airbnb do this and if so,  how do I go about getting it set up? 

Also,  through vrbo I have a security deposit that the guest pass me which I then return... Unless of course there are problems. How does airbnb handle this? 

Thanks so much for your help!! 

Mindy

1 Reply 1
Farah1
Level 10
Seattle, WA

@Mindy31 unfortunately, you cannot really rely on Airbnb security deposit. They do not charge it to the guest's card. If there is any damage, you need to claim it through the resolution center and based on what I know usually, you cannot claim more than your security deposit amount. If the guest is not responding to the claim, you can get Airbnb involved after 72 hours. The unfortunate thing is that it looks like Airbnb often takes the guest's side. There are many hosts get their house trashed and only get a little or even $0 reimbursement. Having a great insurance is definitely important and also to spend more time in the forum to learn from others then build the best house rules that you can. Some believes there is no point in having a long house rules, but I personally prefer to do the best I can to prevent those things instead of just *giving up*