Guest Using Unlisted Kitchen

Guest Using Unlisted Kitchen

So, we have a guest that has stayed with us a few times. Each time it has seemed he has gotten more and more comfortable being in our home. The first time he stayed with us, my wife came home to find him bringing up some of our dishes and washing them in the sink. Initially, we decided to not make a big deal out of it and just mentioned in our private review that we do not allow access to our kitchen and utensils. The next time he stayed, he asked for a late checkout and when we consented, he proceeded to enter our kitchen and use our dishes to eat. This last time, he entered the kitchen while my wife was working at the table, started looking through our cabinets asking for a skillet. My wife informed him that we do not allow guests to use our kitchen and he proceeded to search, ignoring the comment and find our skillet. He proceeded to make pancakes despite the fact that my wife told him again that we do not allow guests to use our kitchen. My wife became uncomfortable with the situation (she is a sweetheart and hates confrontation) and left the room. 

Here's my question. How would you handle this situation moving forward? We allow guests to automatically book with us but I don't want this guest staying us anymore given the increasing comfort within our home.

2 Replies 2
Alice595
Level 10
Concord, CA

@Francisco674You may need to explicitly put a statement in your listing that there is no kitchen access. This can be put in the Space section or House Rule section.

To avoid this guest to book your room again, you can just go to his profile page and click Report this profile.

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

In your situation @Francisco674  I would suggest you block the guest from booking again, and leave him and honest review.