Guest cancellation

Wendy355
Level 2
Nassau, Bahamas

Guest cancellation

A guest cancelled after one nights stay on a 5 night booking. I have a moderate cancellation policy. Airbnb emailed me that they offered the person a refund based on ‘my’ cancellation policy. How does that work? As far as I’m concerned, the person wasn’t due any refund at all and at the least, a refund given should have been at my discretion...not Airbnb’s. Also, has anyone ever been able to reach Airbnb by phone? 

5 Replies 5
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Yes I phone them and get through quite easily.

There is a post at the top of the forum called CONTACT AIRBNB with all their customer support numbers.

There is no phone number listed. I'm a new host, and need to speak to someone ASAP. Thank you.

Cor3
Level 10
Langerak, South Holland, Netherlands

Hi @Carol440,

You can find these here: Contact Airbnb

Steve143
Level 10
Limerick, Ireland

Hello @Wendy355,

You have chosen the moderate policy as your cancellation policy.

The terms of the moderate cancelation policy state:

"If the guest arrives and decides to leave early, 50% of the accommodation fees for the nights not spent 24 hours after the cancellation occurs are refunded."

As hosts are bound by the terms of their chosen cancellation policy Airbnb automatically gives any refunds due under the policy.

Steve.

Cor3
Level 10
Langerak, South Holland, Netherlands

Hi @Wendy355,

Guests can always make a claim to Airbnb - within 24 hours after check-in.

When the accommodation does not fit them.

That's one of the reasons for the payout mechanism to start only after 24 hours as of regular check-in.

As far as I know, this applies to all cancellation policies.