Guest enquire : Payments

Jessica1237
Level 1
United Kingdom

Guest enquire : Payments

Morning,

I just got asked how the payment is working.... they are asking if they can pay half on the booking and half apon arrival.... I'm a bit lost as i'm not sure how it works or how has been setting and i dont find any info about it in my setting (or i dont know where to look...).

thanks for your help!!

Jess

3 Replies 3
Paul1255
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Jessica1237  I hope you are well!

Payment terms are between Airbnb and the guest- as hosts we play no part in the transaction, how and when it happens and so on.

Payment terms can be changed by Airbnb at any time, (not on a case by case basis for guests though) we are never privy to any changes when they happen, so we can never be in the best position to advise guests- and nor is it our place to do so.

It is always best to direct any questions guests have about payment terms to Airbnb customer services- this service is part of the reason you pay a host service fee on each booking.

I think the way payments currently work is guests pay 50% at the point of booking and the rest closer to the time of the stay, but I would never advise a guest that :))

Best wishes

Paul 🙂

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Hello @Jessica1237 

Airbnb has a Help Centre which is a great resource and will provide you with information around the basics of how Airbnb works including payments. Do take the time to read through this to help you understand how Airbnb works.

To answer your question, no guests cannot pay you 50% on arrival. They either pay it all up front on booking or if they are booking some time in advance (I think a month or more in some areas) they might be able to 50% up front and the balance a month in advance.

If this option is available it will show the guest this when they book.

I don't agree with @Paul1255 on this.

There is no reason to refer your guests to Airbnb about this. Just confirm to them that Airbnb works on the basis that either they pay in full on booking, or in some case if they are booking a long time in advance there maybe an option to pay 50% on booking and the balance a month before.  

This is either a first time user to Airbnb or it is an experienced guest trying to take advantage of a new host.

Miloud0
Level 10
Rabat, Morocco