Guest failed to check in

Vicky269
Level 1
Katoomba, Australia

Guest failed to check in

We were expecting a guest yesterday at 1pm. I arrived at 11am this morning to find no one had checked in. Everything was as we had left it... Strange.. yet we have been paid today, and been prompted by email to write a review.

What happens in this situation. Advice anyone??

7 Replies 7
Beverley73
Level 1
Bonnie Doon, Australia

Yes you should be paid. Not your fault that they didn't show up and you wouldn't have the opportunity to let to someone else.  As far as a review goes just be honest and say they didn't show.

@Vicky269 yes, you should be paid even though they didn't check in.  

Maybe also message the guest to check that they're ok because you noticed that they didn't check in. You don't want them to have misread the check in date and turn up today or another day.

Yadira22
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Vicky269 

Yes to the above you should get paid as it’s not your fault and they realistically should have communicated this to you.

But @Beverley73 how could you possibly rate their cleanliness and respect of house rules if they were never there?! Curious as I personally just do not review guests in this situation. 

Thanks in advance.

Yadira 🙂

Give all “0” but explain why. Don’t give them 5 stars because they might be shockers..

I’ve never had it happen to me so I am just think what I would do in your situation 

@Vicky269 I've had a couple of no shows & didn't review them as I couldn't really give them a rating for observing house rules & cleanliness. They also didn't review me.

Vicky269
Level 1
Katoomba, Australia

Thanks for your advice. Much appreciated