Guest payments

Answered!
Eric-and-Marlene0
Level 2
Snettisham, United Kingdom

Guest payments

Hi as a host it would be helpful if on confirmation of a reservation that the payment amount provided by the guest is given to the host after confirmation - this was not important when only the full payment could be made but now that a deposit only can secure a confirmation reservation it is very helpful to get confirmation if the full payment has been received before sending sensitive information to the guest e.g. key safe code etc.

if there is currently a way the host can see this information it would be most appreciated to be pointed in the correct direction as i have not been able to find any information in the help sections on the Airbnb website.

1 Best Answer
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

It's on the booking confirmation you receive, when a guest confirms their booking @Eric-and-Marlene0.

View Best Answer in original post

8 Replies 8
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

It's on the booking confirmation you receive, when a guest confirms their booking @Eric-and-Marlene0.

Hi Helen thank you for taking the time to help me-so just to clarify, if a part only payment has been taken at the booking stage it will show the amount on the booking confirmation to the host , likewise if a full payment is made on booking it will show the full amount on the confirmation to the host. Is that correct?

Also can you see these payment details now retrospectively for all the existing confirmed bookings to see which have paid in full and those yet to make the final payment?

regards

Hi @Eric-and-Marlene0 

As you know Airbnb holds all payments whether part payment or payment in full so the booking confirmation wouldn't show you whether a guest has paid in part or in full. I think anyone booking more than a month away is offered the part payment option. (Have a look at the Airbnb Help Centre for clarification).

Why not assume for the sake of ease, if it's within a month the guest has paid in full, if it's not they will have the option of party payment.

What it shows on your booking confirmation is what has been charged to the guest, airbnb fee and what you receive.

Thank you Helen, most helpful, I’ll give some more thought

Gieneve0
Level 1
Los Angeles, CA

Hello Hosts , does anyone tried to ask their guest a copy of the reciept they pay for their stay. Because what host an see on the reservation is from AirBNB . I have one guest sent me a screen shot. She paid 37K , I only get 32 something. Service Fee is only about 1K.

John4332
Level 1
Bonsall, CA

Yes, we have the same question.  Very difficult to find out on this site as to the status of payments by guests.  We have a guest asking us if they are paid in full.  They are within 30 days, so we assume they have paid in full.  But, still just an assumption.

Yes, agreed.  Surely it would not be difficult for AirBnB to send a confirmation of final payment to both host and guest.

@Eric-and-Marlene0 

I recently had a strange booking - with very, unusually low price - I wrote to my new guests that perhaps a mistake in the system has been done, but as the system is an algorithm  I will host them never mind the mistake. They answered me that they have done half payment, the other half is due 10 days before arrival. I am waiting to see what will happen. 

@Gieneve0  It seems o.k. - 1 something service from you 32 something to you 3 and something service from the guest - you can always see what the future guest is due to pay when changing your price/there is a box to make inquiries/ or just browse through your unopened listing as a guest.