Guest refund

Answered!
Rosalind11
Level 2
Marbella, Spain

Guest refund

I have looked on the forum and can't find the answer

hi, I had to divert guests to a colleague's property at the last minute (on the actual day) because our electricity was cut off in error. The guest is now going to pay the other host directly, not through airbnb. I had sent an invitation to the other host to join airbnb but he didn't respond. The guest understandably wants a refund. 

I see that airbnb will refund the guest directly.

Q1) will I lose the booking fee anyway, even though this was an electricity company error?

Q2) will this damage my cancellation statistics? I am a new host and need to get good feedback.

Thanks

Rosalind

1 Best Answer
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

@Rosalind11  As I understand your post, you referred an Air BNB guest to a non-Air BNB accommodation due to problems with the electricity at your place, which is quite lovely BTW.  I am not clear whether the guest stayed with you at all or if you cancelled the booking on Air BNB.  If you did not, then you were paid for the reservation.  If you did and did not contact Air BNB at the time, you will receive the host penalties for cancellation.

It would be best for you to contact Air BNB directly and explain what happened.  If you did not actually host the guest, you are not eligible to receive any payment and should refund the whole amount.  After all the guest had to pay your neighbor.

Here is a guide to contacting Air BNB

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Help/Contact-Airbnb-A-Community-Help-Guide/m-p/16165#M728

Good luck with you beautiful listing.  Hope this helps

View Best Answer in original post

1 Reply 1
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

@Rosalind11  As I understand your post, you referred an Air BNB guest to a non-Air BNB accommodation due to problems with the electricity at your place, which is quite lovely BTW.  I am not clear whether the guest stayed with you at all or if you cancelled the booking on Air BNB.  If you did not, then you were paid for the reservation.  If you did and did not contact Air BNB at the time, you will receive the host penalties for cancellation.

It would be best for you to contact Air BNB directly and explain what happened.  If you did not actually host the guest, you are not eligible to receive any payment and should refund the whole amount.  After all the guest had to pay your neighbor.

Here is a guide to contacting Air BNB

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Help/Contact-Airbnb-A-Community-Help-Guide/m-p/16165#M728

Good luck with you beautiful listing.  Hope this helps