Guest request to have their review deleted.

Carmen-and-Scott0
Level 2
Spring Hill, FL

Guest request to have their review deleted.

I reviewed a guest who cancelled after arriving due to her boyfriend not being comfortable with airbnb. Overall the review was positive, but I mentioned that her boyfriend wasn't comfortable.  I didn't go into great detail, and at the time, I was thinking of the review purley as an awareness item for other hosts.  The guest reached out to me today and nicely requested I delete the review citing personal reasons.  In hindsight, I wish I would have not done a review at all.  I'm concerned it may be causing tension between her and the boyfriend, and I want to delete the review, but can not find anything on how I can reach out to airbnb to go about it.  If I can get some help on how to do that, I would really appreciate it. 

1 Reply 1
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Carmen-and-Scott0  There is a large pinned post on the first page of this Help forum, "Contact Airbnb".

Yes, it's best to never mention anyone but the booking guest in your review. They may have been having an affair or some other reason she doesn't want anyone to know that she was away with this "boyfriend".

Contact Airbnb, tell them the guest asked you to remove the review, and that you are willing to do that, as she felt it breached her privacy, and they will remove it.