Geraldine60
Level 10
Nice, France

I very recently accepted a reservation via an instant book with no photo or reviews.  As it was for just two nights I accepted the booking.  Much to my regret.  The guest in question messed me around initially with his check-in, arriving six hours later after his original time of arrival, due to the guest deciding to catch a later train with very littleprior notice to me. He ultimately never read my description on early check-out rules, as I do have a charge for an early check-out.  Guest arrived and requested an early check-out.  I explained to the guest that their would be a charge.  Guest not at all happy.  Upon check-out the guest asked me to smell the bath towel as it had a smell.  The bath towel was hanging on the shower rail as he just showered.  It smelt of his body odor.  However, I was polite and replied that I found no smell. The guest then asked me did I wash my towels after every guest!  Yes, can you believe this! I replied that after every guests leave, all my sheets and towels are are done a boil wash in the washing machine.  Now this guest has left me a extremely insulting review that my towels smelt. I believe this is a revenge review due to the fact that the guest in question was furious with me that he had to pay his extra charge for his early check-out and basically took revengon me by leaving such a extremely bad review.  In my opinion and  experience  these guests who can now book with no photos or reviews are not good.  I recently had the same experience where I had a one night booking whereby the guest stole off me.

3 Replies 3
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Geraldine60 

I read the review and your comment. They are both too long and out of line with other (fine) reviews. . It is clear this was not a good match. Move on and do not accept guests when in doubt about them.

Best regards,

Emiel

Thank you.

Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

I guess there are some hosting situations in which a guest without picture or reviews can be able to book without problems, but it is up to the host, not Air BNB to make that call.  Sometimes as a host we make a mistake and our only payment is to learn from it.  Your post states there was an early check out fee.  You meant late check out fee, right?

Don't compound a bad review with a long defensive response.  Never looks good for potential guests who are the real audience for the reviews.