Guests breaking things and demanding too much.

Karolína2
Level 1
Prague, Czech Republic

Guests breaking things and demanding too much.

Hello,

I host 4 (2 adults + 2 kids) people now and so far they are just terrible. First day I've been with them since 2pm to 8pm showing them how to use the amenities. I have shown both of them not once but twice how the stoves are working. They have seen they are working. Yesterday (3rd day of their stay) they texted me that 2 of 4 stoves are not working and that it is not their fault. I come there every day to answer their questions. They demand to much. They don't like the curtains because they do not make 100% dark room. They told me the internet is slow (which is not, it is good when you watch netflix or having a skype call-I checked it in front of them. But they want more because they need to work and download a lot of data).  Or they told me to go and buy SIM card for them. As I was afraid of a bad review I went with them to buy it. And many other things!

They take me as a slave a bit and look down to me which make me feel very uncomfortable. 

But the problem there is a lack of understanding. Even though I come there every single day, to answer questions like how to wipe a floor with a mop or how to open the door, they still do not understand. Or if the water is potable. (Yes, they called me to come to answer this. When I left after 1 hour they called me to come again to show them where to put garbage. And I've already told them. Yesterday I've seen them throwing a kitchen garbage to recycling paper bin.)

Yesterday they got stuck in elevator for one hour. The repairman told me it happened because they tried to open door during it was on the way up. I've told them not to do that when they arrived. They've asked me for shifting from 4th  to 1st floor because they are in shock. But we own there just one apartment and they still demand a solution because they do not want to use the lift ever again. Which I understand they are in shock, but I do not know how to manage this.

I hosted around 25 guests so far and noone was like them-demanding so much (more they should) and breaking so many things and being so noncomprehending. They think it is a hotel with 24/7 reception. Of course I come everytime when my guests need it, or when something breaks. But this is just too much. Also even though I have pictures of the stoves before, I don't have a proof that it has been working-I did not take a video of it. But I've shown them and they've seen it has been working. But they disclaim it.

Please tell me what do you think how I should behave. Am I too stict? And do you think I have the right to demand the money to repair the stoves? They are staying 3 months in my apt. And so far I've paid lot of money for the damage they made-reparation of the lift was very expensive and now the stoves... and I am afraid they will break more things.

Thank you,

Karolina

2 Replies 2
Letti0
Level 10
Atascosa, TX

@Karolína2  Call AirBnB and get them out now! You are not a slave, maid or servant to them. They are in a home, not a hotel. They are demanding way too much and damaging your property. Tell AirBnB they have to go. It is costing you too much time and money to host these horrible people and they refuse to pay for the damages. You need them rehoused immediately, ask AirBnB for the damages to be taken from the rent paid and then refund them the balance, if they won't do this then just refund it all and just be done with them. Don't let AirBnB talk you into keeping them and giving them another chance. You want them out NOW! 

Morris11
Level 1
South Africa

Hello

We also had few cups which were broken during the weekend on 19th october ,please assist me on how to claim them. 

Thanks

Morris