Guests can do and say whatever they want, with ZERO repercussions - AIRBNB DO NOTHING AS ALWAYS

Ryan66
Level 10
Cape Town, South Africa

Guests can do and say whatever they want, with ZERO repercussions - AIRBNB DO NOTHING AS ALWAYS

Another day another blatant example of how two faced and discriminatory you people are Airbnb are towards us hosts compared to guests They can literally do and say WHATEVER they want, anytime they want and NOTHING will ever happen to them I just had a guy book my place, for himself, then messages me afterwards, telling me that he is giving my number to some organization to vouch for a random person to get into the country ”for travel purposes”. This “friend of his” isn't affiliated with this booking at all and that I have zero connect or idea of. What on earth would I accept to do this? I am also not his travel agent, and am certainly not border and visa control and am certainly not going to get my number or my name connected to anything of this sort. This is NOT part of the agreement and responsibilities of being a host airbnb Now if this doesn't send red flags up to you Airbnb , you are clearly not in a position to make any calls on what is right and wrong, yet you seem to think that you can, better than anyone else. This is a CLEAR violation of third party communication outside of AIrbnb, PLUS some kind of scam, where this guy wants me to take all responsibility to get this random "friend" into the country I THINK NOT AIRBNB Then when i declined, and told him that he has an invoice from Airbnb that he can use (which clearly wasn't satisfactory to him, as this is clearly some illegal plot or scam), he tells me "GO **bleep** YOURSELF' I'll repeat that for you @Lizzie so that it sinks in, seeing as how bad you are at reading messages, and that you only reply to positive ones he tells me "GO **bleep** YOURSELF' and again he tells me "GO **bleep** YOURSELF' One more time he tells me "GO **bleep** YOURSELF' Now, not only is he in a clear violation of outside communication he is not in another violation of profanity and threats. I contact your support who put send this to you "so called" expert response team.. 3 days, later Stella form “response” (funny, I thought response indicated fast, but clear not) contacts me, She asks me to REPEAT everything to her AGAIN, so that she can hopefully grasp what has already been told to your support staff THREE times, AND what is already in the chat logs of the guest as well. Why does she need it to be repeated to her FOR a 5th time? Regardless, and obviously, she then DOES NOTHING ABOUT THIS The extent of her ability was limited to her sending me the generic COPY PAST reply for this situation. If at any point you feel concerned for your personal safety, we recommend reaching out to local law enforcement. If you choose to file a police report, please provide the local authorities with our Law Enforcement team’s contact email so they can reach us directly: LEOinfo@airbnb.com For information on how to block someone in Airbnb message threads, visit our Help Center article: https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/2020 Clearly, she didnt even read anything in regard to what happened. Because its far simpler to send me to to some useless link., that is totally unrelated to the topic. She would know this, as he isn't in the country yet, so why on earth WOULD I GO TO THE POLICE. I dont want him arrested, I WANT HIS ACCOUNT BANNED STELLA To make matters even worse, this is the EXACT same response to me that the contact agents, 3 times before! This was the last I heard of her. So clearly in her mind this case is “closed” and she did an “amazing job” handling it………. How much does this Stella get paid to do her job, because she is clearly NOT in a position to do this job, This is beyond lackluster Besides this, this guy's account is still very much active and NOTHING has been done to him. Still happily active while he tells any host to GO **bleep** THEMSELVES, as he pleases. So again, here is solid proof, the guests can do and say whatever they want and NOTHING happens to them Double stands and discrimination towards hosts Im so sick and tired of it.
2 Replies 2
Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Ryan66,

Thanks for mentioning me here.

I'm sorry to hear about your recent experience with a guest, you did the right thing by flagging this to our Support Team. From what you have said, it does sound quite a complicated case, especially as it may involve a third party booking and so it's likely that the case is still open and being looked into. Can I ask you to check if you have received anything from the support team recently?

To add, I've also highlighted your feedback and concern here to a colleague in the Support Team, I'm afraid I am not part of that team and only have the information you have shared in this post.

I hope this get resolved soon.

Thanks,

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Just to add to @Lizzie useful post @Ryan66  although I understand you are upset and frustrated, you are posting in a community forum of hosts and guests of which @Lizzie  is one of the admins. We are not Airbnb.

There is no need to be rude to her and take out your annoyance at the lack of support you feel you are receiving from Airbnb.

Quite honestly your long block of text is hard to read and I can't understand what has actually happened. 

If a guest is contacting you outside of Airbnb you can block him yourself on your phone/what's app.