Guests email address

Maureen63
Level 1
Atlanta, GA

Guests email address

How do I get a guests email that has booked? I use resort lock and need to email code

22 Replies 22
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

@Maureen63  Can you just use the Air BNB messaging system?  It is best to communicate with the guest through that system in case there is an issue that requires Air BNB action.  Alternatively, if you look at your Reservations you will see Contact by Email under the name.  

Lawrene0
Level 10
Florence, Canada

@Maureen63, go to Dashboard -> Your Reservations, and then click Print Confirmation. 'Message guest' is an option, and so is the phone number. Or you can go to your Inbox (also in Dashboard) and send the code to the guest that way. It is always wise to keep as much communication as possible right within the platform, so using your Inbox is best. 

Spend a little time getting to know the site and the Help section. It will get you off to a good start. All the best with hosting!

Hepzibah0
Level 1
Santa Cruz, CA

Airbnb used to provide the guests emails. Now I am having trouble finding it. Can anyone help? 

@Hepzibah0  There is the Air BNB version of the email for the guest.  You will find it on the reservation.  This is to protect both guests and hosts from messaging unrelated to the reservation.

thats gone now..

Maria-Lurdes0
Level 10
Union City, NJ

Hi @Maureen63 I ask every single guest for their personal email address, and I give them mine.  I simply send them an email to their anonymized email that's provided to us (guestxzlkajsldjaflskdjal;skmda;lskd@airbnb.com, for example) and I tell them that I only see their anonymized email , can I have their real one.   Of course anything related to the booking should be backed up on the airbnb message thread, but that doesn't mean that I can have other conversations with them using our direct email addresses.

Guests that are added onto a reservation are covered by airbnb insurance. Someone recently fell and blamed it on a wobbly table of mine, she broke her arm. I was only told about it after she wanted to extend her stay and wanted half off the price, so it did seem fishy to me.

anyway, LUCKILY she had been added to the reservation by the person who booked the place. And therefore, she was covered by airbnb and I didn't have to deal with her any further, which was wonderful and made me a HUGE advocate for choosing airbnb over other listing methods!

HOW DO I ACCESS the other guests names and numbers and email addresses? I cant see it on the reservation page.

THANKS!

@Nida0  You don't/can't.  You'll need to ask them for it.

As a guest do I have to provide the email addresses and phone numbers for all guests? This hasn’t been asked of me before, would you expect this? 

@Julie1361 I wouldn't personally, but I'd want the full names of all the guests and maybe some ID. Some hosts have had a business owners book for their employees, but fail to send the listing info, house rules, etc, to the employees. Then the actual guests arrive, knowing nothing about the place except the address, and proceed to break house rules, like smoking indoors, because they had no info. So this might be a way of a host protecting themselves.

Different hosts request different info from guests in order to feel comfortable with the reservation. Just because a guest hasn't encountered something before doesn't mean there's anything wrong with it. If you're not okay with providing certain info, explain that to the host- if they insist, you can look for another listing which doesn't have those requirements.

Julie1361
Level 1
England, United Kingdom

Thanks Sarah! That’s all really helpful and reassuring. I’ve read the manual and given my number and email and the same of one of the other guests hopefully that will be acceptable as it’s a surprise for the other two 😉

Gaz--Gary-0
Level 3
Frankfurt, Germany

"We know how important it is for you to communicate seamlessly with your guests, so we’re constantly working to simplify how you can connect and share information.

One of the ways that hosts could contact guests was through our email feature, which created an unique and anonymous email for guests—something like stephanie-dfsnsns@guest.airbnb.com. Earlier this year, we polled some of our hosts in the Community Center and learned that many of you preferred to use Airbnb messaging instead of the guest email feature.

We wanted to let you know that we’ll be retiring the guest email feature in early July, but don’t worry: If you relied on email to send important documents, you’ll still have lots of ways to contact your guests."

a$$holes

This was a terrible move by AirBNB

I was ticked off also. Support sent this link to an explanation.

https://www.airbnb.com/resources/hosting-homes/a/an-update-for-hosts-who-use-the-guest-email-feature...

As you read down you will see "attestation form". Click on that and you can turn the feature back on. I need to send my guests documents on noise limits and city vacation rental policy. 

I hope this helps you out.