Guests that get an outstanding value and still complain p

Jean111
Level 2
Dexter, MI

Guests that get an outstanding value and still complain p

I have three Airbnb rentals. My pet peeve is. My places are an incredible value.  Mistakes in cleaning can happen I always fix. Immediately and give a refund discount. even so guest will put the co of issue in their review. 

1 Reply 1
Susan151
Level 10
Somerville, MA

@Jean111  Reviewing your stars [and I didn't read the listing narrative] it appears that your problem listing is the "TWO-BEDROOM TWO-BATH WEST BLOOMFIELD 28-120 days" one. You have only four stars for cleanliness, which is pretty low on AirBNB.

The only thing that we can control as AirBNB hosts is the cleanliness. Nothing else. And the most important thing for guests is the cleanliness. Somehow you have to figure out how to clean this property so that guests and not offended and you aren't having to give discounts. Are the same issues popping up regularly? Do you clean this unit yourself or hire someone? Have you considered a cleanliness check list to ensure that the place is sparkling clean? Would it help if you blocked one day after a guest leaves so that there is plenty of time to clean properly?

I would expect that guests will continue to mention any cleanliness issues that they find upon arrival. They don't want to contact you about something this fundamental and feel that warning future guests is helpful.

Tough world out there.