HOUSE PARTY

Answered!

HOUSE PARTY

I am Julianna , i am trying to get a house or apartment, to rent for march 22 2019- march 23 2019,from 7pm- whenever  i am trying to throw a house party for my boyfriend and i've come across some trouble with a location since his friends that have offered to let us throw it at their place... have canceled. again. there will be people 18+, i will clean the place when we are done, my budget is no more than 65$. I will provide food and drinks, the "adults"  that are coming will most likey bring alcohol . I personally will not be under the influence of anything! i will make sure the place will be under control, the music will be loud but not too loud, I live in FREDERICK, MD please let me know if you can help me out. i completely agree if you would not want a bunch of "young adults" causing any trouble but i make sure the place is under control please let me know by today if anything is available. URGENT.

1 Best Answer
Daniel1598
Level 10
Fairfax, VA

@Julianna14 I think you're wasting your time searching within Airbnb. Ask another friend.

View Best Answer in original post

17 Replies 17
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

@Julianna14 no-one is going to open up their home to teenagers to have a party in.

Have it at his or yours. Or hire a room in a local bar.

people have actually done it but thanks anyway i guess 

Daniel1598
Level 10
Fairfax, VA

@Julianna14 I think you're wasting your time searching within Airbnb. Ask another friend.

yup

Mark116
Level 10
Jersey City, NJ

@Julianna14  You may be a lovely person, but your plan hits many of the red flags of airbnb hosts, you only want it for one day, and you want it to throw a party, your party will include both alcohol and people who are legally not able to drink.  Most hosts don't allow parties, so I commend you for being honest, but I suspect that you are going to have a lot of trouble finding a place that will agree.

Well  ( and respectfully ) said, @Mark116 

Ute42
Level 10
Germany

65 USD budget for an 18+ people house party. This is the funniest thread I've ever read.

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Julianna14  That's a pretty unrealistic budget for a house party for a bunch of teenagers or young adults. You may very well be a responsible person who actually doesn't drink and would clean up thoroughly, but as you are a stranger to hosts, it's a big stretch to expect them to just trust that. That you just joined, and have zero profile information and zero reviews certainly makes the chance of having such a thing accepted pretty slim.

And "the music will be loud but not too loud"- in whose opinion? There are neighbors to consider. What you consider not too loud may be quite loud enough to disturb neighbors and prevent them from sleeping.

There are rooms in community halls and such that you can rent for this purpose.

@Sarah977 

"There are rooms in community halls and such that you can rent for this purpose"

But not for $65 and not  with 2 days notice.

@Ute42  I'm sure you're right on that. She could be resourceful and ask for $5 from everyone who attends to help pay for a space. Plus a $20/head damage deposit that they'd get back if they behaved themselves.

Emilia42
Level 10
Orono, ME

@Julianna14 , when I was a "young adult," I would head out to a lean-to in the middle of the woods with my boyfriend and friends ... have a fire, roast some hot dogs, have some drinks. All for FREE with no worry of distributing others. You should try something like that.

@Emilia42  Haha, that's what all my daughters did when they were teenagers and young adults as well. Sometimes they'd have parties at our house, but I never minded, because they also liked a tidy, non-wrecked house and were strict with their friends and always did a great clean-up afterwards.

This phenomenon of 18 and 19 year olds renting a whole house to have a party is a new one on me.

Mike1034
Level 10
Mountain View, CA

Just three pictures showing after a party was held by violating a no party house rule. Trash was left everywhere in the house, furniture was damaged, missing towels and blankets, stained carpet, two people of 6 hours cleaning .... Do you think any hosts would give their house for you to host a party after viewing this?

CC46598F-3E71-4B7B-88FC-7AE02DF11BBC.jpeg2F2CC562-63C9-40ED-8F9C-37AA55B968DD.jpegFB7CED19-7AC9-421F-98A2-9F4466457FEA.jpeg

Wait ,  What ?

Who would rent their house to this guest ever again ?

They obviously -  don't follow rules.  

Sad to see how they abused your house @Mike1034 

And, related, 

What ever happened to AIR B&B's  ' NO PARTY MANDATE" ? is that still a thing..?