Has anyone else experienced delays in payouts?

Maritza30
Level 2
Stafford Township, NJ

Has anyone else experienced delays in payouts?

Just wondering if anyone else has experienced delays in payouts. I called customer service and each person has given me a different answer but they still have not released my payout.

3 Replies 3
Ann72
Level 10
New York, NY

@Maritza30  If it was just this week, maybe it was because Monday was Columbus Day, a bank holiday?  I know all my payouts that have been released since last Thursday are a day late because of that.

Tim700
Level 2
Loughman, FL

I am a bit concerned about this issue myself.  Bank holidays or not, credit card transactions still continue unfettered, PayPal is 24/7/365. I was due a payout this past week and still have not rec'd it. I have been told multiple stories, but been given no credible information, other than after escalation to the (lack of) Resolutions team, that they are "monitoring" the issue. One of the many front line support reps that I spoke with today (after being "shined on" yesterday, last night, and this morning) let it slip that she has taken several calls from hosts today experiencing the same issue, hence the ridiculous hold time on the phone to get to the Resolution team. Between the multiple stories / excuses, and the lack of ANY feeling of urgency on the part of the resolution team, I am frustrated and angry. AirBnB owes us (Hosts) better than this. I am starting to wonder if it isnt time to reach out to upcoming guests and ask them to pay us directly, and WE will remit Airbnb's fees to them. This is a drastic step that I TRULY dont want to take, but I have worked too hard at creating great experiences for my guests, and becoming a SuperHost by tending to EVERY little detail, only to not be paid by AirBnB. Their "stories" wont pay the mortgage, HOA, taxes, insurance, etc. I wouldn't have this level of concern if AirBnB showed SOME level of concern themselves. I asked what my chances of "getting the keys" to a vacation house would be if my credit card didnt work for payment. Funny, no answer. Hoping that this is a glitch that is just being miserably and incompetently handled by ill equipped support teams, and not an indication of things to come, or an indication of financial insolvency on the part of AirBnB

Incredible. After hours (collectively) on the phone,  multiple stories, excuses, and indifference and getting nowhere fast, I put this post in the forum, and 30 minutes later, like magic, I get a payout. I guess the squeaky wheel DOES get the grease.

Have a good weekend all !

Tim