Has anyone else noticed an increase in

Bryan170
Level 2
Taupō, New Zealand

Has anyone else noticed an increase in

The number of toddler bookings and the size of the toddlers having increased. Are guests abusing the free toddler rule?

4 Replies 4
Yvonne191
Level 10
New Brunswick, Canada

Hi Bryan

Per House Rules you have the choice not to accept infants 2 and younger.

I don't and you have that option also should you choose to do so. 

My choice is not only by size but also all the extra baby furniture and baby safety necessities  that I have to supply should I accept infants. The final decision is yours.

Best wishes,

Yvonne

Thomas1033
Level 10
North Tonawanda, NY

@Bryan170Only been at this since last August and yes I would say half our previous guests have claimed 3 to 4 year olds as under 2.  One was a host.  And they’ve done it to cram our place past full capacity of 5.  We have had 2 families plus kids pack themselves in.  Now we have it spelled out that we accept 5 maximum persons regardless of age and our nightly fee is for max 5. To make sure it’s not more than 5 we have put an extra fee of $100 for each over 5 per day.  Hope that helps.  Yvonna (cohost)

Yvonne191
Level 10
New Brunswick, Canada

Bryan,

Welcome to Airbnb and I hope you enjoy hosting.

I have been with Airbnb just a little over a year. As a host it is a learn as you go experience for me. I make choices on what I'm willing to accept and what I don't

Most of the time I enjoy Hosting (95%)  and plan to continue doing so in future.

Broken house rules, no communication,more guest( I'm lucky it was only once) and late arrivals account for the 5%. 

Guest sometimes show up with infants that aren't indicated on their original Request.

When asked they say that as there isn't a fee for infants they didn't think they had to include them in  guest total. It is good to indicate the extra fee ($100.00) per extra person per night.and hopefully you won't have to deal with this problem again. 

To cover that possibility I now state on my listing that my mazimun guest total is 6 and that includes infants. More than six will not be allowed to enter. No exceptions.

I don't want to deal with the following;

You have to send a Money Request and guests adjustment indicating the extra guest(s) and extra cost and they must accept it before they enter your home. This makes for a less than agreeable start to their visit and can lead to a bad review as  well.  Best of luck and happy hosting.

Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@Bryan170 

hehe toddler of 180 cm 😄 😄

no kids under 2 and no problem