Help please - price listed different LOW from price charged

Maya77
Level 2
Brisbane, Australia

Help please - price listed different LOW from price charged

I searched back and forth for similar posts but with no success. 

Setup a new listing a couple of days ago profile automatically created listing with “instant booking “ was not notified on that. 

“Auto Pricing” set to OFF, I have setup a different price for each week of the listing’s availability. 

I havr also setup a week discount of 5%

A Booking was received and approved (unfortunately automatically!) 2 days after. Price charged in that booking is significantly lower than the price I stated on that specific week.

there is over $1000 difference from the price I listed to the amount received. How to I resolve this?? There seems to be no way to contact AirBnb!

Please help!!!!

2 Replies 2
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

Hello,

I looked at this listing: https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/22425477

If booking is automatically approved, then "Instant Book" is ON

Price is calculated according what you set into your listing. I noticed, allthough available dates are limited to few weeks in March/April, different prices from appr. AUD 300,- to 500,- a night

It is easy to simulate bookings on your listing and check yourself what prices potential guest are offered.

There is NO 5% weekly discount on your listing.

You can contact Airbnb via: Airbnb Help: contact 

Hope this helps, Emiel

Maya77
Level 2
Brisbane, Australia

Thanks Emiel. 

1. Yes as I said instant booking is on. That happened without me agreeing. A default setting I would think. Which is extremely annoying and totally wrong. 

2. Yes. Different prices for different days as I already mentioned. Why do I get 466 a night when I stated a price of $500? For a week that’s significantly LOWER. Why???? Auto pricing is set to OFF but regardless, would airbnb lower my requested price for these days ($500) if auto pricing was ON??? I would think they will only raise the price not lower it. But it was OFF in my case anyway. 

I need more help still. 

Thanks