Help with a multi booked reservation that I need to cancel

Carole246
Level 1
Boulder, CO

Help with a multi booked reservation that I need to cancel

Hi All,

I could use some help.  A guest reserved a 9-day stay in 3 different bookings.    She wasn't sure if she wanted to stay at my place for her whole visit so she booked in separate chunks (3) when she made her decisions.   I have a home repair that must be done.  The floors are coming up and I really do not want to subject guests to these floors in chaos.  It could affect my reviews plus I don't want people dealing with these floors.  They need to be repaired.

The only time I can get these repairs done that will be within the warranty is during the 9-day period the guest is here.

I take responsibility for needing to cancel my reservation (it's in 6 weeks), and I accept a penalty pay for it, but my guest chose to book in 3 segments so I will need to cancel THREE reservations (even though it is the same person, same credit card, etc).   Airbnb will suspend my account if I cancel 3 reservations.  This is a unique situation because it's 9 consecutive days with the same guest, but she booked blocks separately.

I know Airbnb supports the guest and not the host - and I can respect that.   And while I wouldn't call this an "emergency" for which I contact Airbnb, I don't know what to do in this situation.   I agree to a $50 cancel fee but $150 plus a suspended site?    Is there anything I can do given these details?    

Thank you for your help!

Carole

1 Reply 1
Marzena4
Level 10
Kraków, Poland

Hello @Carole246 Do you think your case matches this: "Severe property damage or unforeseen maintenance issues that directly impact the ability to host safely"

It's from https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/1320/what-if-i-need-to-cancel-because-of-an-emergency-or-unavoid...

// "The only person you can trust is yourself"