Help with host not responding

Sarah1920
Level 1
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Help with host not responding

Hi there, 

I've been having terrible luck with Airbnb in London. I'll be there next week and would need accommodation for approx. 10 days. I booked a place in November, however a week later the host asked to cancel. Seeing as I still have a bit of time before my trip, I wasn't too worried and managed to find another place. The host didn't have too many reviews, however all those who stayed there loved it. The place was reasonably priced and was in a great location, so I gave it a shot. 

I needed to request to book her place, and she responded in 24 hours. She communicated pretty quickly, so I immediately booked the place. A month before the trip, I sent her another message asking for more details (e.g. what is she providing and how should we check in). She responded to my first question and ignored my second question, but I ignored it as it was still a while away. I recently sent a message 4 days ago asking for check in details and her address as I would need it on my landing card - to which she did not reply. Today I sent her a message via iMessage and tried to call her, but the messages didn't get delivered, and I was unable to call her. 

I'm suppose to be checking in a week from now. At what point should I give up and contact Airbnb for help? I'm willing to give her a few more days - but would this be too late to find new accommodation?

Thanks!

5 Replies 5
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Sarah1920 Don't stress yourself out waiting til the last minute- call Airbnb now and ask them to contact the host for you. She might just be somewhere where's there's no cell service or wifi for a few days, that happened to me when a guest didn't respond, but you need time to make other arrangements if they can't get ahold of her.

@Sarah977 thanks for the input! I’ll probably just contact Airbnb then. 

Rachel0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Sarah1920 The address of the property should be on the booking confirmation that you will have received.  Keep all your messages to the host on the Airbnb thread so that the CS team can see how many times you have tried to contact her.  As far as finding other accommodation goes, it shouldn't be too much of a problem as there was a post on here only a few days ago saying that bookings are down in London at the moment.  Might be worth having a look at it.

Sarah1920
Level 1
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

@Rachel0 Unfortunately the address listed is literally just the street name. Have kept most conversation via the Airbnb messaging and have sent 1 message through iMessage. Will keep this in mind. Thanks for the input - hope my holiday will still come into fruition! 

Md-Mizanur0
Level 3
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Dear Sarah

Malaysia Airbnb Contact details are as follows:

Telephone: +603-77240164

Hotline: 1-800-88-9814 (Tolfree)

Regards

Mizanur

**[Personal phone number hidden due to safety reasons - Community Center Guidelines]