Help

Felipe274
Level 1
Colombia

Help

Dear all

im a host since less than 2 weeks and I’m doing great. I had bookings every night since then. 

Unfortunagkwy, there is a host that checks in tomorrow and I don’t feel safe with him. 

Sinxe he booked, he has been asking questions about “CCTV”, closed circuit television cameras. I explained him what it was but he now keeps asking where exactly they are located. Which totally freaks me out, because it is obvious that he wants to hide from them. 

I don’t want him in my property. But as I just read the cancellation policy, I don’t want to get into penalities because it is out of my control. 

I hope you can help me solving this issue immediately. 

Thank you 

FCF

5 Replies 5
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Felipe274,

Your listing mentions only that their are CCTV camera's, but not where. This is a issue which is taken seriously by Airbnb. As a guest i would also like to know where they are located. You say "it is out of my control". No, it is not.

Hope this helps, Emiel

Felipe274
Level 1
Colombia

@Letti0

thank you for your recommendations. I would address all of them. 

Min the mean time, do you know exactly how can I contact the Airbnb team directly? 

Regards 

@Felipe274  The closest number to you I would have is Brazil +55 21 3958-5800  You can always direct message on Twitter to AirbnbHelp they respond quickly.

Here's how to sign up with Twitter:  https://help.twitter.com/en/create-twitter-account

Once your account is created log in to Twitter click on the little box on the top righthand side that says search twitter. Type in AirbnbHelp  and hit the enter key. Click on the righthand side the little tab that says follow and hit enter. Then on top will be a Messages click on that and start a conversation. Type in air and click on AirbnbHelp send a direct message with all the information you have put together in the message. Then hit send. It sounds complicated, but it's really not only about 5-10 minutes and once set up it's instant to contact them via message just by logging into your Twitter account. 

Letti0
Level 10
Atascosa, TX

@Felipe   You can contact AirBnB and tell them you are extremely uncomfortable with this guest based on the communication through the messaging system and with him you have been exchanging and ask them to cancel it penalty free. Some people just freak out over CCTV. You should tell him where they are located and your listing should have that information also. AirBnB can shut you down for not disclosing it. 

Regarding your listing can I offer a few suggestions?  You can ignore all my comments if you want I won't be offended lol... Change your cancellation policy to at least Moderate this way you cut down on last minute cancellations were you have been blocked to book to some one else. The guest now has someting invested also. You need to add a Check Out time to your rules. You need to add at least a summary description to the listing. You have a typo on bathrooms currently it says badrooms. Also add to rules you have none. Do you accept children or infants if not say so. You are priced way too low. Until you get 10+ reviews charge $40 USD a night with $10 USD for the second guest. At least make the second guest pay for the free breakfast you are giving them. After 10+ reviews 1 person $45 USD 2nd person $15 USD for another 5 or so reviews. If that does not effect your bookings go to $50 USD and $20 USD for 2nd person and see where that puts you you will still be lower than your competition even at those rates. You can possibly go higher check out your competition and their rates and how booked they are. Also no where in your listing do you state it's a share home. That needs to be in the description and also your rules. Be specific as to what guests have access to like can they cook in the kitchen or is it just for the breakfast you serve. Are they allowed to do any amount of laundry ? I would put a limit on it. Also get a hair dryer it makes females happy ;D

Letti0
Level 10
Atascosa, TX

@Felipe274  They pulled my other message I'll try to repost it later. The robots are in control there must be a word or statement that bothers them... Arghh...