Help

Kim897
Level 2
Dasmariñas, Philippines

Help

Hi, I'm Kim from the Philippines. A newbie host in Airbnb. I just have some concerns, and I hope someone here can help me. 

The situation I'm in this. 

My guest booked my place from 5 until 27 of this month(March). The thing is, they've been out of town for a week now. Oh by way, my listings have 2 beds, buy they can only use one. Since the other one is our storage. The problem is, my mother-in-law, came home from Germany, without our knowledge. 

I explained to her the situation we're in. Since we're unaware of her arrival, she explained that she's gonna stay only for a night and I left with no choice so I messaged my guest about it, if she can stay in our storage room, for a night  or two since she'll be leaving for BICOL (province) a day after. I will pay for her stay instead. He agreed, and say yes. And followed by his request, about the mosquito. (I have mosquito repellant in the property). And I tell him that I will provide mosquito net for their comfort on thier return date.

Then hours after. He message me this:

I know that I said yes the first time regarding your relative to stay on the place that we rented, but I'm sorry, im taking it back. We are not happy for your relative to stay there since we have a few things left and thats why ni rent po namin yun from that time that we came and the date that we will leave, regardless whether we are on a trip. Kaya im sorry po, Kahit po bayaran nyo pa yung days of stay ng relative nyo, we think that its unfair for us.

So I immediately, came to the room where she stayed and tell her the guest will be arriving today, since I can't tell her what really happened. Imagine the feeling I have rihgt now, I'm so ashamed of her and a bit disappointed for my guest as he agreed earlier. If he could've tell me sooner, I should've had book her a place to stay. I promised to clean again, free of charge and pay for the night even if she doesn't really slept there at all.

I'm planning to cancel their booking,  for that reason. Is it the right thing to do? I already hosted 10 guests, and all of them gave me 5 stars each. I'm afraid this will affect my review. What to do? Please enlighten me. Thank you. 

1 Reply 1
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands