Hi can your account be set up so you have two email address for notifications to be sent to?

Jim51
Level 1
Glasgow, GB

Hi can your account be set up so you have two email address for notifications to be sent to?

7 Replies 7
Ralf5
Level 10
Inzell, Germany

Hi @Jim51,

not in the "normal" account settings.

But there is a new function "additional host", which you may set-up for this purpose. I am not sure, if you then get all messages to an additional e-mail account as well, I just did set it up and need to learn more about it myself.

Go to my listings, then click on calendar and more, scroll down the menu bar at the left side, you will find under management "additional host"

Hi there!

Just wondering if adding a co-host allows them to also receive the notifications via email to the additional email address?

Thanks!

So I have tried to add person 2 as a co-host (which is actually myself since the account is in the name and facebook sign in of person 1, which I also manage) this is not working because it says that my email is already a host and cannot co-host my own host. While this is kinda true (as person 1, I am already a host), it is also not true, because the email I am attempting to add (person 2) is most definitely NOT the email that is currently listed as the email on the account(person 1). I just want the ability to add a second email (person 2) for notification purposes. Does anyone from Airbnb actually assist with these issues are is this just for peer assistance? I could use some direct advice from someone who can help me. 

Did you ever receive a reply to your question about having multiple email notifications? Airbnb totally sucks on their support. I can't find anywhere that has any chat or call in feature. At least w/ VRBO I can call or chat w/ someone fairly quickly. 

Adrian492
Level 1
La Libertad, El Salvador

The information in the postabove is now obsolete, Airbnb has launched a new "Team" feature. Within Team, you can add multiple users to your host account and assign roles to them.

Look for the "Team" link at the top navigation of your host page and follow the steps. It's super simple and no extra explanations are needed.

Adrian492
Level 1
La Libertad, El Salvador

One thing I did recently, which may or may not have affected this.. I converted my account from Personal to Business. There is no cost associated or anything like that, its just a profile setting. I'm not sure if the "Team" link only appears for business listings.

In our case, we are a business, we are a hotel with our own internal reservation system and also use Airbnb as an extra channel. It has been a huge problem for us before that we couldn't delegate responses to airbnb customers to our sales team. 

Now with this new feature, we have role-based access for everyone, even our security guards can view the calendar and know when guests are arriving from Airbnb.

so if you don't see the Team link on your top navigation, consider modifying your setting to be a business listing so that you can enable this feature. 

Teri1017
Level 2
Surf City, NC

I am trying to set a separate email for my 2nd listing.  It gets confusing when I get emails for my 2nd listing in my original listing email inbox.  I am having to stop and figure out which listing I need to record information for or send a response email.  Has anyone determined if AirBnB allows for a different email for each of your listings??  If not, I am pushing this suggestion to AirBnB.  I am sure I  am not the only one with this problem. TIA