Homeowners insurance -Help!

Answered!
Barb64
Level 2
Gig Harbor, WA

Homeowners insurance -Help!

Hi;

I recently had a pipe burst in my home which I also use for my airbnb listing.  I signed up for American Modern after learning that my former carrier, USAA would no longer cover me if I rented out on airbnb or another partial rental.  I then learned the hard way that even American Modern is not going to be able to cover me should a pipe burst or other issue other than a fire or a tree falling.  What insurance carriers are others using and are they covering situations such as these?

Thank you

1 Best Answer

7 Replies 7
Lisa723
Level 10
Quilcene, WA

@Barb64  Proper or Foremost.

Thank you!

Wendy478
Level 2
Sooke, Canada

I need a Canadian recommendation .... the insurance company I am negotiating with wants to charge me 2000 a year extra. Holy!

Andrea4175
Level 1
Edmonton, CA

Hi Wendy, have you found any good options for your insurance? I found that Sonnet and Premier would insure short term rentals - both for about $500 a year, but wonder which one is better..

Jenni2645
Level 2
Seattle, WA

Does anyone have any options for Hawaii vacation rental insurance?  Unfortunately I was with Proper this last year and they decided to drop me because they had problems on the Big Island with Lava flows.  I am working on getting a quote with CBIZ. Before I had Proper, I was using State Farm. Just looking if there are other recommendations.

Sean140
Level 5
Prosper, TX

I represent several major carriers for short term rentals, Proper included.  I am licensed in all 50 states.  Please contact me if you would like to review your insurance coverage for your short term rental.

Sean F Murphy Insurance Agency, Worth, IL

Patricia3282
Level 1
Shady Side, MD

I am having a lot of difficulties getting insurance for rental with airbnb, have been rejected by 3 companies. Please help!!!

I need to have the insurance in order to get the license  from the County.

If anyone has any recomendation, please let me know ASAO.

regards to all

Patricia