Horrible Customer Service

Paul631
Level 1
Grosse Pointe, MI

Horrible Customer Service

I am having an emergency situation where Airbnb incorrectly charged me nearly $700 for a change of reservation. They also had an additional $350 incorrect charge scheduled for today. I have told them about a dozen times to take this incorrect charge off, but I had a hunch they were going to.Luckily, I was able to cancel my credit card an hour beforehand so I wouldn't be charged.

I have talked with their customer support on the phone for a combined 8 hours of a two week span. I have emails from the hosts as well stating that I have been incorrectly charged and Airbnb needs to fully compensate me. I grow extremely fearful that I won't be able to get my money back in a time where I need it desperately. 

If there is any way someone with some sort of compassion at the company can contact me and help me expedite this process I will be extremely greatful. I love the concept of Airbnb, but by treating their customers this way, I am growing a powerful resentment for them and will have no other choice but to take my business elsewhere. 

5 Replies 5
David-and-Fiona0
Level 10
Panglao, Philippines

This is a host forum. AirBnb will not respond here

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Hello @Paul631

As @David-and-Fiona0 this is a community forum - mainly used by hosts.

You could try reaching out to Airbnb on twitter as this sometimes brings a speedier resolution.

Good luck

Holly152
Level 1
Williamstown, MA

I just wanted to share what a horrible experience I had through air B&B customer service. I wanted to change my email to a new updated email I had. I was not able to do it online so I call your customer service line... The process took over an hour with no resolution. The service agent did not at all listen to what I was saying I had to repeat myself throughout the call, which I believe is what made the call take so long. I continued to ask over and over to have my email changed with no help, I even asked for the supervisor, who was not willing to get on the line to help me. I finally gave up and tried to change the email myself, which after a long and frustrating process I finally was able to change it. Only to have the supervisor call me back to alert me that "Her customer service agent was able to change the email for me"  HAHA I replied. NO I was the one that changed it, not your agent.... Both the customer service agent and the supervisor were untrained and not competent. It really made me question as to whether or not I want to continue to use air bnb.... My request was a simple one, and should have taken no more than 20 minutes, at most... over an hour of frustration and feeling like I wasn't being listened to, and my problem never being solved. Having to do it myself and then Air BnB customer service trying to take the credit for what I had to do myself ... Unsatisfactory and honestly very disappointing.... 

Kate271
Level 1
Gray, TN

I am a Host dedicated to providing good customer service.  Airbnb is impossible to reach and hiding charges between the host and guest.  I requested 200$ from a guest for providing an additional service in an emergency.  They sent her the request as if I asked for 265$.  Fortunately she still had my number and called me.  I had to screen shot my hosting page to prove to her that I was only asking for 200$  I still can not find out why Airbnb kept the other 65$ and made it look like I took it.  I am finding out some very unsettling sneeky cooruption by staying in contact with guests to ensure accuracy.  

AirBnB service fee's and your tax's added I'm sure brought the $200 to $265.